FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ki pro for playback video event

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Deslauriers
Ki pro for playback video event
on Mar 14, 2011 at 6:24:49 pm

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE KI PRO IS THE BETTER SOLUTION FOR PLAYING VIDEO IN CORPORATE EVENT . WE HAVE MAYBE 20 VIDEOS TO PLAY AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IS INSTANT PLAY AND WHAT IS THE WORKFLOW FOR THE CUE ! thanx

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Ki pro for playback video event
on Mar 15, 2011 at 8:09:50 pm

Patrick,
Ki Pros are often used for video signage. The Ki Pro can be configured to play one clip or all of the clips on the Storage Module. Additionally, a loop playback feature is also available so that one clip or all of the clips can be looped. Playback from the device can be achieved using the front panel buttons or via web UI control. For detailed information, the Ki Pro operation manual is available from the AJA website:
http://www.aja.com/pdf/support/AJA_KiPro_manual_v2.0.pdf

You can learn more information about the Ki Pro product by visiting our website, calling AJA or one of our resellers.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Patrick Deslauriers
on Mar 15, 2011 at 9:54:40 pm

I receive this mail from Brian A. Rutz

Thank you for your interest in the products of AJA Video. Your email to our Technical Support Group has been forwarded to Sales Support.
The Ki Pro and Ki Pro Mini are designed as acquisition devices, not as playback units. They record to the Apple Pro Res codec the live output of a camera or camcorder thus maximizing the quality of the recorded video.
In theory you could use an RS422 controller or the web UI to locate a specific clip and play it back though again, this is not the application for which the device was designed.
I suggest you contact one of our ACQUIRE Resellers in Montreal to arrange a demonstration of the Ki Pro. They may be found under the Where to Buy section of our website at http://www.aja.com.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Mar 15, 2011 at 10:21:55 pm

Patrick,
I think Brian was simply trying to emphasize that the product was designed for acquisition first and foremost. As he suggestions, it can be used for playback, but since that wasn't what it was primarily designed for, you might consider visiting your local AJA reseller for a demo to see if it fits your particular needs.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 16, 2011 at 2:53:20 am

[Patrick Deslauriers] "I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE KI PRO IS THE BETTER SOLUTION FOR PLAYING VIDEO IN CORPORATE EVENT"

I guess I would ask better than what?

Absolutely the KiPro can pay files back.

Return to posts index

Brian Walker
on Mar 16, 2011 at 5:36:02 am

i only use ki pros for acquisition on shows.. I use PlayBack Pro for playback.

http://dtvideolabs.com/PlaybackPro%20Plus.html

Thanks in advance!
Brian Walker

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 16, 2011 at 6:24:27 pm

Thought this might be of interest to some of you:

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Marc Colemont
on Mar 27, 2011 at 8:00:03 am

I used it also for playback on an event.
I did number 001-033 in front of the files. But what turns out... The order stayed the same as apparently the file date is been used as file order. Which is a bummer for this application finding all the files.

Return to posts index

Pat McGillen
on Jan 23, 2012 at 3:44:47 am

I often use my Ki-Pro's for playout! One show in particular I play 4 decks simultaneous, 4 screens in sync. Another use is for stingers or fast access for awards shows. I create a show reel in FCP, putting all clips usually in order, then recall each clip via timecode using a JL Cooper es-slomo-j controller, which I can control up to 4 decks with, and random access up to 1000 cue points by cue #. Works well with scripted show with pre-produced content, and full random access.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]