FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProRes in PC-land

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Crowley
ProRes in PC-land
on Mar 5, 2011 at 8:07:19 am

I have Vegas Pro 9 and regularly drop XDCAM from EX1 and EX3 cameras, and AVCHD from NX5 cameras into the timeline with flawless results.

However trying to drop files from my Ki Pro into the timeline completely bolluxes the audio. The video is fine, but I get only one channel of audio, and the other is empty. And then when I simply try to play the clip on the timeline, it runs for maybe 30-60 seconds and then that one channel of audio just disappears. You can see the waveform display on the timeline, but the audio disappears, and even the level meter drops to zip.

As far as I can tell from the Sony Vegas website, I have the latest version of Vegas Pro 9, and I have the latest version of Quicktime Pro installed, also. The same files when played on a Mac, or dropped into FCP, have audio playback that is completely normal. I know that Vegas 10 is now available, but spending another $300 feels like throwing good money after bad with all the problems I've had with Vegas.

I tried a fix to replace the codec DLL with a version that is supposed to fix that specific symptom, but Vegas crashes with the alternate DLL.

This is another major roadblock to trying to use KiPro in a PC environment. I'm seeing the end of the road where I give up trying to use this combination. Something's gotta give. Either dump the Ki Pro, or switch to Mac. I'm not keen on either of those options.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: ProRes in PC-land
on Mar 7, 2011 at 11:01:57 pm

If audio is the culprit, perhaps I'd look to 24 bit vs 16 bit audio.

That would be a major difference between KiPro created QTs and the other cameras you are speaking of.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
Re: ProRes in PC-land
on Mar 9, 2011 at 7:47:18 pm

I am also using a Ki Pro with Vegas, and I feel your pain about Vegas 9, trust me Vegas 10 isn't really much better. What method are you using to bring in the Ki Pro clips? I have been using Macdrive to access the files on the hard drive and transfer them. What are the settings of those files?

I will have to check, but I think my Ki Pro is set for the "default" 720p settings. I believe I was able to use these files on version 9, but as I am now using version 10 so I can only verify that it does in fact work with the current version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]