FORUMS: list search recent posts

Notice Regarding Ki Pro Mini Qualified CF Cards

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AJA Sales Department
Notice Regarding Ki Pro Mini Qualified CF Cards
on Mar 2, 2011 at 10:23:28 pm

An issue has come to our attention regarding the use of Lexar 32GB Professional 600x Compact Flash cards as originally qualified for use with the Ki Pro Mini. If the Lexar Compact Flash cards are inserted in the Ki Pro Mini prior to powering up the unit, the Lexar Compact Flash cards will falsely report recording; in actuality data will not be written to the Compact Flash card as expected. While this issue does not occur if the Lexar Compact Flash card is inserted after the Ki Pro Mini is powered up, we can no longer recommend the use of these cards at this time. We are actively working to determine the cause of this issue, but for now, the Lexar 32GB Professional 600x Compact Flash card has been removed from our list of qualified Compact Flash cards for use with Ki Pro Mini.

Please note that the issue described above for the Lexar Compact Flash card does not affect the other cards qualified for use with the Ki Pro Mini. Additionally, we will be adding new choices to the qualified list of Compact Flash cards for use with Ki Pro Mini in the near future.

We apologize for any inconvenience the recommendation of the Lexar 32GB Professional 600x Compact Flash card may have caused.

The amended Qualified Compact Flash Card document can be found here:
http://www.aja.com/pdf/KiProMini_qualifiedCF_cards.pdf

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Ramzan Ibragimov
Re: Notice Regarding Ki Pro Mini Qualified CF Cards
on Oct 1, 2012 at 1:15:11 pm

hello,

It is September 2012 now, but the last update about supported CF cards on AJA site is for April, 2011. And there are only 4 cards listed. I've searched google, but there is no other info about qualified cards, except this old link to the official web-site: http://www.aja.com/attachments/products/2/kiprominiqualifiedcfcards.pdf

Can someone tell me where I can get complete up-to-date list of supported CF cards for using with AJA Ki-Pro Mini?

Is it possible to use Transcend 60mb/s 64GB cards with AJA Ki-pro Mini? (if I am about to write proxy format only), or do I always have to use only 90mb/s cards, no matter which format and compression I use?

Return to posts index

Michael O'Reilly
on Apr 1, 2014 at 3:11:59 pm

It is April 2014 and that list is 3 years old !

Where is the updated info ? Are there additional 64 GB cards that are certified instead of just that one ? Or a 128GB card ?

Can't get a straight answer - the facility at which I am using the KiPro mini is using a Lexar 64 GB, despite Aja's direct admonition not to use the 32GB version - was there a notice that the 64GB version was OK ? I am trying to use the 128GB version and am having problems that I have never seen before.

Please help !

Michael

Return to posts index

Anmol Mishra
on Apr 14, 2016 at 6:59:52 am

Hi Michael. Did you ever get to use the Lexar 128GB cards in the Ki Pro mini ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]