FORUMS: list search recent posts

Start stop on KiPro Mini

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Heagy
Start stop on KiPro Mini
on Feb 17, 2011 at 4:07:01 pm

Now that the KiPro Mini is shipping has anybody lashed one to a camera and shot with it? I'd love to know people's thoughts on how to trigger the KiPro Mini recording via the camera's Start/Stop button. There is no Lens Tap input on the Mini, only lanc which is a data I/O only and does not support a simple high/low voltage input to trigger a recording.

I suppose one could use a simple lanc Start/Stop remote run from the Mini to the lens, but that invites out of sync Stop/Starts without a view finder record indicator.

Thanks
John Heagy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Start stop on KiPro Mini
on Feb 17, 2011 at 6:21:20 pm

I assume you are running free run tc?

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Feb 17, 2011 at 8:17:40 pm

[John Heagy] "I'd love to know people's thoughts on how to trigger the KiPro Mini recording via the camera's Start/Stop button"

Hey John,

The KiPro's use the RP188 protocols for start stop functionality, where when the TC setting is set to RP188 and the record function is to TC / ARM, when the start stop pulse is sent down the HDSDI pipe and the camera senses TC the recording starts.

if you are working in a post situation where the TC is over LTC, as long you are not using continuous house sync, and the TC starts and stops over the LTC is should work the same,/

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

John Heagy
on Feb 19, 2011 at 4:18:26 pm

Yes, mostly free run TC. Looking to record the 24/60 HD output from a 2700, 3100 or 3700 and really any other camera du jour with an HD-SDI out.

So if TC is always present, in the HD-SDI stream or via LTC, then the TC/Arm is a non-starter... literally.

Sounds like a Lanc remote with some sort of "yes I'm recording" feedback is in order. Ideally the feedback would come from the KiPro Mini and not the remote.

Thanks
John Heagy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]