FORUMS: list search recent posts

Different Frame rates in one folder

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Cunningham
Different Frame rates in one folder
on Jan 24, 2011 at 5:05:19 am

Now I need to preface this inquire with the confession that I am very new to the Ki Pro, although I have more than skimmed over the manual.

My question concerns transferred ProRes file of different frame rates not showing up as clips in Ki.

Can a video file @ 23.97 reside beside one @ 59.97. So far it seem that only the 23.97 actually show up as clips, and although the other video @ 59.97 is on the drive and can be played, it doesn't show up as a Ki clip.

Can I create a new reel # and that way isolate different frame rates etc from one another?

Any guidance towards info/work-flow transferring file directly from FC hard drive to Ki hard drive would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Different Frame rates in one folder
on Jan 24, 2011 at 10:20:19 pm

[Jim Cunningham] "Can a video file @ 23.97 reside beside one @ 59.97"

Sure.

[Jim Cunningham] "So far it seem that only the 23.97 actually show up as clips, and although the other video @ 59.97 is on the drive and can be played, it doesn't show up as a Ki clip."

Not quite sure I am following you here. It's there, you can play it, but it's not there?

[Jim Cunningham] "Can I create a new reel # and that way isolate different frame rates etc from one another?"

Of course, but that would have to done by either the web GUI or the front panel of the Ki. There's a reel parameter that can be changed.

After reading your last question, are you using the Ki to record or are you trying to put files on it for playback?

[Jim Cunningham] "Any guidance towards info/work-flow transferring file directly from FC hard drive to Ki hard drive would be greatly appreciated. "

see above.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jim Cunningham
on Jan 29, 2011 at 12:42:28 pm

I am putting files on the Ki hard drive after outputting them as self contained from FCP.

What I meant by I could play the file but could not play it from Ki was; with the Ki hard drive seen from my computer, I could play the video clip (ProRes 1080), but that clip did not show up in the Ki menu for play back.

I'm on site now and learning a lot more about the box, and will follow up with more details next week.

Thank for your feed back.

Cheers,

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 29, 2011 at 5:34:26 pm

As has been mentioned, you must put the files in the AJA folder, which means you have to format the drive with the KiPro and then attach to your computer.

Also your exports must be dual mono audio from fcp.

Return to posts index

Jim Cunningham
on Jan 30, 2011 at 11:46:37 am

Yes all of the files were in the AJA folder. The drive came formatted OS Extended. Interesting about the dual mono, I'll have to look at that.
BTW, I had (6) other videos in the AJA folder that played OK.

It was also mentioned to me about the audio track being 24bit?

Thanks again for the feedback.

Cheers,

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 30, 2011 at 11:09:22 pm

[Jim Cunningham] "It was also mentioned to me about the audio track being 24bit?"

Yep, that's correct.

Return to posts index

Marc Colemont
on Jan 25, 2011 at 12:37:45 pm

I've put multiple formats and framerate in the AJA folder which works fine.
Make sure they are in the AJA subfolder.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Jan 30, 2011 at 9:09:41 pm

All is working great here on location with Jim and the KiPro. Footage is shot and edited in DVCPro HD 1080p24.
Final movie brought into Compressor and converted to ProRes 1080p30 and transferred to the KiPro.
Plays back beautifully on the big screens.

I could have done an edit to tape back to the KiPro from my MXO2 instead of converting in Compressor.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]