FORUMS: list search recent posts

upgrading firmware

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Rowley
upgrading firmware
on Dec 23, 2010 at 8:21:04 am

I am preparing to upgrade the firmware of my Ki-Pro but am not having any luck following the instruction manual. I have downloaded the software onto the Mac and connected the Ki-Pro to the Mac via ethernet but the Mac is not "seeing" the Ki-Pro. What am I missing? Thanks

Dual 3 GHz Dual Core Intel, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1900, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP Studio 2 (6.0.6), OS X10.4.11

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: upgrading firmware
on Dec 23, 2010 at 4:00:40 pm

Is the KiPro connected to your network or is connected straight to the Mac?

Also, have you hooked up the Ki to a network in the past? If so, what is it set on in terms of IP config?

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on Dec 23, 2010 at 4:09:43 pm

Hi Jeremy, I've tried both ways and neither way is "finding" the Ki-Pro. The LAN light lights up on the Ki-Pro so I know it's working. I've tried both with DHCP address as well as the static address. I'm stumped....

Dual 3 GHz Dual Core Intel, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1900, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP Studio 2 (6.0.6), OS X10.4.11

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 23, 2010 at 4:10:37 pm

Well, let's decide on a method. Either direct connect or connected to your network (DHCP).

Then we can walk through it.

Jer

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on Dec 23, 2010 at 4:13:20 pm

Wow Thanks! Let's start with DHCP through the computer.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 23, 2010 at 4:42:06 pm

[Kim Rowley] "DHCP through the computer."

You mean DHCP through your network? So that would mean the KiPro is hooked to a router/hub and so is your computer. The Ki is not directly connected to your Mac. Right?

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on Dec 23, 2010 at 4:47:30 pm

The Ki-Pro is connected directly to the Mac and the Mac is connected to the network.

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on Dec 23, 2010 at 4:51:17 pm

Check out this picture:

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 23, 2010 at 4:55:05 pm

No pic?

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on Dec 23, 2010 at 5:03:18 pm

I must not have waited long enough for the picture to upload. Anyway in my network settings on the Mac I get a message saying that "The cable for Built-in Ethernet 2 is connected, but your computer does not have an IP address and cannot connect to the Internet."
That is in effect what you said in your post too, right?

My situation is:
Ki-Pro connected to Mac
Mac on other channel is connected to the internet
Ki Pro config "default address"

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 23, 2010 at 5:12:16 pm

[Kim Rowley] "My situation is:
Ki-Pro connected to Mac
Mac on other channel is connected to the internet
Ki Pro config "default address""

These are mutually exclusive. We will proceed with a direct connection as typing in the IP address for the Ki is going to knock you off the internet while connected to that ethernet port.

So. In the network pane that represents the port your Ki is connected to, setup it up for a manual IP and type these in:

IP: 10.66.75.66
Subnet: 255.0.0.0
Gateway: 10.0.0.1

Then click apply and save that config as "KiPro Ethernet" or something. This will make it easier to jump back and forth.

Now in the KiPro, go to menu # 50.1 "IP Config" and change the IP to "DEFAULT ADDR".

Then open Safari and type in: 10.65.74.65

If you need to get back on the internet, open internet prefs and change the ethernet port back to 1.

If you want to be on the internet AND connected to you Ki, connect your Ki to your network through a hub and not directly to your Mac, but that's a different IP configuration and the above method won't work.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on Dec 23, 2010 at 5:22:42 pm

Bingo. I have the Ki Pro browser Interface now. I am connected to the internet through the other port (Ethernet 1). I assume that updating the firmware is intuitive at this point, right? If and when you have time, could you give me the heads up on the other method? I can connect the Ki straight to the network.

Thanks a million for taking the time. It's truly not enough to just be an editor these days! Merry Christmas from Rome :)

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 23, 2010 at 5:29:14 pm

[Kim Rowley] "I assume that updating the firmware is intuitive at this point, right?"

Go to the update firmware page, click the button, point the KiPro and the downloaded update file (make sure to expand the .zip file you downloaded) and it will do it's thing.

[Kim Rowley] "could you give me the heads up on the other method? I can connect the Ki straight to the network."

connect the Ki to your hub, then change the IP Config to "DHCP" from "Default Address" and exit out of that menu. You can see the IP number by going to menu 50.2. Keep your ethernet setting on ethernet port 1, and simply type in the IP address that the Ki is picking up.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on Dec 23, 2010 at 5:32:22 pm

Thanks for your time and expertise. I'll do it tomorrow at this stage. It's closing time over here :)
Cheers

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on Dec 27, 2010 at 8:41:47 am

Upgraded firmware with no issues. Again thanks for taking the time to step me through the process.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 23, 2010 at 4:52:30 pm

[Kim Rowley] "he Ki-Pro is connected directly to the Mac and the Mac is connected to the network."

OK, in this situation we aren't going to go the network route. Your Ki needs to be connected to either your network router, or the MAc and the process is different. Choose one and we can proceed. They way you have it now, it's a direct connection, which is fine, it just means that your mac won't have access to the internets while we do this as you are going to choose the ethernet port that the Ki is connected to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]