FORUMS: list search recent posts

KiPro - stopped recording - major complaints

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Snyder
KiPro - stopped recording - major complaints
on Nov 19, 2010 at 12:40:45 am

Hello Creative Cow...

We have had multiple situations where the KiPro has suddenly stopped recording for no reason. We've been feeding the recorder ISO feeds and line cuts via SDI. These same signals have been sent to DVCAM and P-2 recorders without any problems.... Display shows "format change" when it stopped recording... This is a major issue for our clients..

AJA is claiming that we did not supply a "good and consistent" signal, and the recorder stopped as designed...

It sounds like the recorder has a software or hardware bug..

I would like to hear from others who have experienced the same issue. Only then, will AJA - work to solve this problem..

Please feel free to e-mail me at GaryS@clarkmedia.com

Gary C. Snyder
President / Engineer
Clark Media
610-694-9800
HD rentals in New York and Philadelphia
Panasonic, Sony and Arri Alexa

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: KiPro - stopped recording - major complaints
on Nov 19, 2010 at 3:48:52 pm

[Gary Snyder] "AJA is claiming that we did not supply a "good and consistent" signal, and the recorder stopped as designed...
It sounds like the recorder has a software or hardware bug.."

I will confirm that is a standard function that will stop recording upon loss of or change of signal, you say that there are not issues but the recorder would not ID loss of signal if it did not happen. I have had that this happened with a battery change on one camera, the difference is that the AJA recorder was not built to the same specs as a deck is, and as an onboard recorder it is designed to stop recording when there is an issue with the signal or camera.

Yes, it is annoying, but a lot less annoying than unintentionally recording a couple of hours of black because the unit just kept going and did not ID any issues.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

Gary Snyder
on Nov 19, 2010 at 5:19:03 pm

Hello Gary...

In this application - the KiPro were powered off power supplies..
Fed by UPS ( So power loss to recorder impossible )

Also, all cameras were Ikegami Triaxed CCU - also on UPS...

KiPro stopped recording ( and another KiPro - kept recording
that was taking the same feed )

We're setting up complete system today - and will let it cook for
many hours to see if we can narrow down what is causing the recorders to stop..

We do not suspect a disruption of video... So far, we only seem to see the problem when recording SD-601...

I'll keep you in the loop.. we have talked to some other users since yesterday and have heard similar complaints..

Gary

Gary C. Snyder
President / Engineer
Clark Media
610-694-9800

Return to posts index

Sandor Bondorowsky
on Nov 20, 2010 at 4:28:40 pm

Hey Gary...

We haven't experience any problem at all, and often record for 3 to 4 hours continuously. I do, however, feed them from a reclocking router. That may help keep the signals clean and strong.

Sandy

Sandor Bondorowsky
Remote Digital Media, Inc.

Return to posts index

Gary Snyder
on Nov 20, 2010 at 4:53:18 pm

Thanks Sandy...

Our particular issues were when recording SD-SDI and not HD-SDI.
All camera signals immediately hit a re-clocking DA inside our rack.
A Harris 16x16 SDI router feeds all recorders..

If it was a signal quality issue, we would have seen issues with
our other recorders over the years... DVCAM, DVC-PRO and P-2

Ironically, we had 2 KiPro recording the same Line Cut..

One stopped, and one kept recording... both fed same TC source as well... recorders were not set to arm from TC . so that issue is
eliminated...

We're working with AJA to try to isolate what the issue is.

Any specific feedback by others - i.e. signal type etc.. would be
helpful in finding a solution..

Tnx... Gary

Gary C. Snyder
President / Engineer
Clark Media
610-694-9800

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Nov 25, 2010 at 6:27:45 pm

[Gary Snyder] "In this application - the KiPro were powered off power supplies..
Fed by UPS ( So power loss to recorder impossible )"

Gary.
Loss of signal is NOT loss of power-
the KiPro is DESIGNED to stop recording when the video signal is interrupted/ changed in any way.

However if one recorder is stoping on the same video feed when another does not- then yes there is a big issue-

Are all the recorders on the same software build?

How is the signal being distributed to both KiPro's- and which one is stopping?
are you attempting to loop a video signal thru one unit into another?

TC source embedded or external? is it the same on both recorders

have you made sure it is not a cable issue?

gary adcock
Studio37

Chicago, IL

Return to posts index

Gary Snyder
on Nov 25, 2010 at 11:14:07 pm

Thanks Gary..

I wanted to let everyone know that units were powered from a UPS to eliminate the possibility that a power glitch could have caused the units to stop recording...

All recorders were fed - from a master TC generator - locked to system black. Master TC - set to NDF - as well as the KiPro to NDF..
Also recorders were NOT set to TC arm...

All units were updated to version 2.0 firmware. Although we may
revert 2 units back to previous build to see if any change..

And as of now, we have only confirmed problems with SD video. We have used in HD mode - and have not noticed the problems...

And yes.. 2 - recorders - were fed the same feed - where as one stopped and the other kept recording.

We have had problems with multiple fly-pack systems. If it was an issue with signal quality - we would certainly have seen video glitches on our SDI recorders over the years..

Gary...

Gary C. Snyder
President / Engineer
Clark Media
610-694-9800

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on Nov 26, 2010 at 11:13:06 am

I feel for you Gary. It seems as though you've covered all your bases. It's a scary scenario! We just purchased a unit and have used it for 2 events thus far. SDI SD signal from portable vision mixer. If I run into any issues I'll post here. Hope you get to the bottom of the problem. I know how it feels trying to hone in on these problems especially when it's sporadic. I assume you've visibly tagged the unit that stops just to verify that the problem occurs always with the same machine... Keep us all posted if you can. Thanks!

Dual 3 GHz Dual Core Intel, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1900, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP Studio 2 (6.0.6), OS X10.4.11

Return to posts index

Harry Dawson
on Dec 6, 2010 at 5:59:57 pm

Same here. Dropped frames from EX-3 SDI to Ki-Pro. Thought maybe it was the signal being too complex, i.e., we were shooting leaves moving in the wind. Is this possible? Don't know. Otherwise there was no interruption in the video signal. Othertimes it would stop for no apparent reason, but claimed dropped frames.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Nov 19, 2010 at 5:27:33 pm

Since Ki Pro was intended as an acquisition product that would be used with cameras as the video source, it was designed to alert the user to a loss of video and stop recording. However, we recognize that Ki Pro is now also being used in many other applications where a VTR might have normally been used, like ISO recordings, video assist, etc. where a loss of video might occur.

Based on user feedback, AJA is investigating adding a feature so users could continue recording even after a loss of video.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

David Smith
on Nov 20, 2010 at 4:08:02 pm

Thank you, that is much appreciated and would be a valuable update for our workflow. Perhaps it could even be a setting so those who are more comfortable with the present design have that option.

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on Nov 23, 2010 at 8:33:47 am

Please keep us posted. We are using the KiPro to record a feed (SD-SDI) from a Datavideo vision mixer. Thanks AJA!

Dual 3 GHz Dual Core Intel, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1900, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP Studio 2 (6.0.6), OS X10.4.11

Return to posts index

Steve Prankard
on Nov 19, 2010 at 7:12:11 pm

Hey Gary. We have 2 KiPros in our portable AirPack setup. We run the HD-SDI output from our Broadcast Pix switcher to them (the second KiPro is used for backup record or sometimes an ISO feed). Both decks have failed on us randomly in the past where they stopped recording for no apparent reason. It has been very frustrating. With certain jobs we do, we cannot afford to lose ANY content from a line cut, etc...
Would love AJA to address this issue RIGHT AWAY!!

Return to posts index

Marc Colemont
on Nov 22, 2010 at 10:22:15 am

Second that. Hope it will be added soon.
As I now have to give my Ross video switcher for free in rental with the 4x Ki Pro's to serve as a frame-buffer by using the AUX1-3 outputs and Program output as inputs for the Ki Pro's.
As soon as one incoming frame drops for any reason, the switcher continues generating frames.
I then get an expected black or freeze frame, but at least the video recording hasn't stopped.

Return to posts index

Gary Snyder
Re: KiPro - stopped recording - may be sensitivity settng
on Nov 22, 2010 at 1:24:36 pm

We're continuing to test the KiPro to determine exact situation where the recorder will stop recording... We do not suspect - that the problem is caused by the quality of the incoming video signal.
Of course, a disruption - or severely compromised SDI signal could be an issue.. and under these situations, the ability of the recorder to continue to record would be beneficial.

We have always fed the recorders directly from a re-clocking video DA or router. And in some situations - the recorder has stopped while another KiPro has continued to record - even when fed by the identical signal.

Currently, we are noticing the problem when recording SD-SDI signals.

I want to add that AJA is continuing to work with us to identify the problem and come up with a resolution.

Any specific - situations reported by others could help us narrow down the problem..

Tnx.. Gary

Gary C. Snyder
President / Engineer
Clark Media
610-694-9800

Return to posts index

Marc Colemont
on Nov 22, 2010 at 2:07:12 pm

I experienced it in two cases:
- Cameraman on stage is swapping battery (obvious reason) or bad contact in HD-SDI cable
- Wireless HD receiver has a short glitch receiving the video

I had no stopping of recording since I started using them 7 months ago as long as the signal was an uninterrupted feed using 720P50 video format in my case.

Return to posts index

Pat McGillen
on Jan 2, 2011 at 4:48:03 am

I have had a similar experience with my units, i now always run 2 simultaneous records for critical shows as a result. It has occurred with both my units (not at the same time) but when both were fed from the same AJA reclocking d/a- again in SD- no problems in HD. Had a subrental unit do the same once too. Have not had it happen yet with 2.0, but haven\'t had many SD jobs since upgrading either.

Return to posts index

Lel Haris
on Mar 8, 2011 at 3:42:55 pm

we just doing the same set up. We use 2 unit KiPro with 4 camera, video router and video switcher. We use the first ki for Program and the other one for ISO. The Kipros has been doing the job perfectly and we have been using them for 3 weeks without issue.

do it digital

Return to posts index

Gary Snyder
on Mar 8, 2011 at 10:23:42 pm

were you shooting SD or HD..
we have had 100% success with HD
only issues with SD

Gary C. Snyder
President / Engineer
Clark Media
610-694-9800

Return to posts index

Gerhard Riesenhuber
on Mar 25, 2011 at 8:50:03 am

Has the feature of nonstop-recording, even after interuption of the video signal, been included?

Best Gerhard

Return to posts index

Larissa Hahn
on Aug 31, 2011 at 5:30:21 pm

I was just curious to see if these issues ever got resolved for the original posters. Also, was wondering if it might not be an issue with the hard drive being recorded onto or if it did, in fact, turn out to be an issue with the deck itself.

I'm currently having issues with a 500gb hard drive, but seem to not have problems with my 250gb drive. I'm about to send either the hard drive in for repairs or the deck, just not sure which at this point.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Wieland Schopohl
on Sep 16, 2011 at 5:25:29 pm

Here's a little solution to this problem for some of you.

The AJA Ki Pro (and maybe Ki Pro mini as well - unfortunatly I don't have one to test it) can be controlled via Ethernet.

Therefore I wrote a little application that automatically controls several Ki Pro's and if one of them stopped recording it will automatically put it back in record mode.

It's only kind of a Beta version, because for example I just have one Ki Pro to test it on, but it seems to work fine. Another problem is, that there's a little pause between a stop and record (about 200 milliseconds and bigger).

You can find this application here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ajakipromonitor/

It should run just fine on any platform as long as you got Java Runtime installed which you can download here:
http://www.java.com

I hope this helps at least some of you!

Return to posts index

Gerhard Riesenhuber
on Sep 17, 2011 at 6:00:24 pm

Hi Wieland,

Thank you for your software solution. Unfortunatly it's not a solution for me,
because it would require a steady connection to a laptop and that makes it
a bit unflexible. After all thank you for posting, maybe it's really useful for
someone else!

I think the solution should come from AJA and I don't think it's hard to realize.
Most of the productions I work for use the AJA KiPro (or mini) as a recording/playback
solution. If AJA doesn't get the KiPro to record nonstop, than we will switch
to another solution and I'm sure there will be one. Also that they can't make use
of the Record flag of the ARRI Alexa is a kind of ignorant!

Best regard,
Gerhard

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Sep 28, 2011 at 4:16:01 pm

The upcoming Ki Pro and Ki Pro Mini 3.0 firmware will provide a new user selectable feature in the CONFIG menu parameters called Loss of Video. This feature will allow users to select from the current behavior where the recorder stops recordings due to a detected loss of video or the user may elect to continue the recording during the loss of video signal. During the loss of video, the recorder records color bars with a text super of "LOSS OF VIDEO" so that users have a continued recording, but are aware that a signal issue has occurred. If the signal returns, the color bars and "LOSS OF VIDEO" text will disappear and the valid signal will be recorded.

This feature, and others, were demonstrated at the recent IBC 2011 tradeshow. The Ki Pro and Ki Pro Mini 3.0 firmware update is slated for release during the month of October.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Gerhard Riesenhuber
on Sep 28, 2011 at 5:46:16 pm

Thanks for that information, it looks like AJA has listened to its costumers.
Will the Record Flag of the ARRI Alexa also be supported (automatic stop & start
recording in sync with the camera)?

Best regards,
Gerhard

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Sep 28, 2011 at 8:24:36 pm

AJA currently supports the start/stop command found in ancillary SDI data for the RED One, the RED Epic and the Canon XF series SDI enabled cameras. AJA plans on providing support for more cameras in future firmware updates. However, not all camera manufacturers provide this information, so not all cameras can be supported nor do all cameras provide such start/stop ancillary data. Please be aware that implementing this type of support is a custom implementation for each camera manufacturer (or camera) as the start/stop commands are not a SMPTE specification and are unique to each camera manufacturer.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Gerhard Riesenhuber
on Sep 30, 2011 at 4:15:50 pm

Ok, I understand. I hope ARRI provides this information.

Best regards,
Gerhard

Return to posts index

Sam Martin
on Oct 21, 2011 at 12:36:30 pm

Dear All,

I'm a videotech/have worked a lot with the Sony SRW-1 in combination with Sony F35 and ARRI D21/Alexa. SRW-1 listens for the Flag.

Apparently, the Sony Start/Stop flag is not documented anywhere, so I had a closer look at our setup and checked the additional samples in the signal. It's not rocketscience to find it!

Have your tektronix/Leader at hand and check line 9 sample 1944.

Now I have a telly triggered by the flag :)

Cheers,
Sam

Sam Martin * videoworks

Return to posts index

Gerhard Riesenhuber
on Oct 21, 2011 at 1:19:21 pm

Hi Sam,

This is a great thing!
Is the Sony flag the same as the one from ARRI?

But I'm not shure what a telly is?

Gerhard

Return to posts index

Sam Martin
on Oct 21, 2011 at 1:32:53 pm

Hi,

a tally (light): http://www.metasetz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/TLXD_TalentRed.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the ARRI guys use the same as Sony - otherwise the SRW-1 would not Start when you press record on a D21 (software 1.8) or the Alexa :)

Best,
Sam

Return to posts index

Rick Waters
on Oct 25, 2011 at 2:17:39 am

Seems the Arri Alexa SDI remote flag changes it´s position when audio is enabled:
I could nail it down in line 9 sample 1962 with audio on and in line 9 sample 1944 with audio off (as Sam has posted before).
I am not an expert on that but I guess it is an ancillary data packet that Arri is using.
You guys at AJA may have a better insight in what´s happening here - and it would be GREAT if you could implement that trigger in your KiPros!

--
Rick

Return to posts index

Dave Komes
on Nov 10, 2011 at 4:32:45 pm

It is now Nov 10th 2011,any word on Ver. 3 ?

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Nov 11, 2011 at 3:36:31 am

Ki Pro and Ki Pro Mini v3.0 firmware development is progressing. AJA originally hoped to release the firmware update by the end of October. With any update, AJA believes in thorough testing before release.

The firmware should be ready within the next few weeks. We appreciate your patience and are sorry that the release is a bit later than originally projected.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Gerhard Riesenhuber
on Nov 11, 2011 at 7:43:50 am

Please post on this thread if it's ready.

Thanks,
Gerhard

Return to posts index

Gerhard Riesenhuber
on Nov 11, 2011 at 7:45:53 am

Please update on this thread if the new firmware is ready.

Thanks,
Gerhard

Return to posts index

Gerhard Riesenhuber
on Nov 22, 2011 at 2:17:30 pm

@AJA:

Is there a beta build available (with the continous recording fearture) for the KiPro to test?

Best regards,
Gerhard

Return to posts index

Steve Cocklin
on Feb 12, 2012 at 1:34:18 pm

Any word on the 3.0 update for the Ki Pro Mini?

Return to posts index

Steve Cocklin
on Feb 14, 2012 at 10:40:13 pm

3.0 firmware released today,

Return to posts index

Gerhard Riesenhuber
on Feb 15, 2012 at 11:41:11 am

Thank you for the information!

Return to posts index

Sam Martin
on Feb 17, 2012 at 10:08:04 am

Hi all,
I had a quick look at V3.

AJA clearly made big efforts on the new firmware.
But... I tend to say, failed. Sony SxS Pro Cards 32GB/64GB not supported??!

I tried both, formatted as HFS; but recognized as unsupported media. Who in the world buys Wintec
FileMate SolidGO ExpressCard?

Btw. Alexa also triggers REC with Canon XF/C300 Metadata Setup...

Cheers,
Sam

Sam Martin * videoworks

Return to posts index

Gerhard Riesenhuber
on Feb 17, 2012 at 12:10:57 pm

Hello Sam,

I agree with you! Why not Sony-Cards??

"Btw. Alexa also triggers REC with Canon XF/C300 Metadata Setup..."
--> what do you mean with this? Is it possible to trigger the Kipro
with the Alexa?

Best regards,
Gerhard

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Feb 17, 2012 at 1:44:56 pm

Btw. Alexa also triggers REC with Canon XF/C300 Metadata Setup

That setting really has nothing to do with the REC trigger, Alexa has been able to trigger a record over RP188 since V2 of camera software allowed a start/ stop pulse. ( over 14 months)

I want proper, accurate camera file naming structure from Alexa, other recorders can do it.

gary adcock
Studio37

Chicago, IL

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Gerhard Riesenhuber
on Feb 18, 2012 at 6:56:01 pm

Triggering the KiPro with Alexa only works with EdgeCode,
with a free running timecode it is not possible.
Does this change with the new v3 firmware of the KiPro?

Return to posts index

Steve Cocklin
on Feb 18, 2012 at 8:04:18 pm

It does now with the PMW F3 using the C300 setting in the Mini.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Feb 18, 2012 at 10:02:35 pm

Triggering the KiPro with Alexa only works with EdgeCode,
with a free running timecode it is not possible.

I have used KiPros to automaticly record from Alexa's HDSDI output since the first ProRes model released as a test platform in June 2010, I have worked with every version of the camera and KiPro firmware since that time without incident.

My workflows do not use edge code or free run TC, I usually work with external TC, so the change in TC when we start rolling triggers the record when the unit is set properly.

The reason it is working for you is that when you have edge code on in a free run situation, that is where the Start pulse is indicated within the RP188 functionality.

since v2 of the camera firmware, Arri added an SDI pulse in the menus that facilitated all external recorders with the ability to trigger recording, note you need to have recording media in the camera to achieve start/stop.

gary adcock
Studio37

Chicago, IL

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Gerhard Riesenhuber
on Feb 23, 2012 at 4:01:32 pm

Hi Gary,

It's not working for me, because we always use free run timecode.
As far as I've seen the RP188 functionality only works with a not
free running timecode.

The question is if the SDI pulse (REC flag) also triggers the
AJA KiPro (in a free run situation)?

Best regards,
Gerhard

Return to posts index

Sam Martin
on Feb 28, 2012 at 9:53:15 am

Dear Gerhard,

It's all on the AJA website... Sony SxS Pro Cards 32GB/64GB not supported (I tried them nevertheless). see http://www.aja.com/pdf/KiPro_qualified_ExpressCard34_Media.pdf

And yes: If you set Alexa to SDI flag, but choose out of KiPros "Metadata sets" Canon XF or C300
Alexa triggers the KiPro with freerun TC.

Regards,
Sam

Sam Martin * videoworks

Return to posts index

Gerhard Riesenhuber
on Mar 18, 2012 at 8:56:47 am

Thank you Sam!

Return to posts index

Leonardo Franke
on Nov 23, 2012 at 5:21:07 pm

Now that the Alexa is integrated in the 3.1 firmware the Rec flag works normally. But strangely now I can't rec myself when the camera is not running and the ki pro is in the Alexa meta data mode.
I suppose the Alexa is sending constantly rec stop flags?!???(I have not much of clue of the flag mechanism)
Because always when I press rec it starts and stops instantly.
Tc mode is free run and the arm record is set on red key!
Thanks people
Leo

Return to posts index

Gerhard Riesenhuber
on Nov 25, 2012 at 6:00:49 am

Hi Leo,

I already asked AJA about this behavior. They said, that's how it's supposed to be.
I requested to also be able to do manual recording in this mode (or an "extended"
one), as the KiPro is often used as a recording unit for video village and rehearsals
also have to be recorded, when the camera is not recording.

I'm also interested how the REC flag mechanism works.

All the best,
Gerhard

Return to posts index

Leonardo Franke
on Nov 25, 2012 at 9:51:43 am

Oh that's a pity. I also contacted them because of that and they didn't respond yet because of thanksgiving.

It's strange that this is supposed like this.

Also in the manual it says "the Rec Key is always a viable selection even when the Camera Data parameter is selected"

I don't know, but that sounds like it is supposed to work always isn't it?

Return to posts index

Gerhard Riesenhuber
on Nov 25, 2012 at 10:01:08 am

You're right, according to the manual it should be like that, but it isn't,
so it's good if you are also making a request to get it running.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Nov 26, 2012 at 9:29:40 pm

Gerhard.

the record override that arrived in v3.1 of the software allows for the recording when the camera is not,or when signal is lost during a recording, but you need to manually enable this setting in the interface to allow the KiPro to record when the camera is not running, it is not enabled by default.

Parameter # 32.0 Loss of Video

This parameter selects whether recording continues when valid video is not present.
Note: If CONT Rec is selected, and a loss of video is encountered, a graphic with the text “LOSS
OF VIDEO” superimposed over color bars will appear. Be sure to check your source and
video connections if you are experiencing a loss of video.

gary adcock
Studio37

Chicago, IL

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Leonardo Franke
on Nov 27, 2012 at 12:56:24 am

I already tried to change this option. But no luck in override with rec button when camera is not. Anyways tomorrow at work I'll give it a new try...

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Nov 27, 2012 at 4:11:50 am

[Leonardo Franke] ". But no luck in override with rec button when camera is not. Anyways tomorrow at work I'll give it a new try..."

Turn off the camera flag.

Are you using the RP188 for TC too?

gary adcock
Studio37

Chicago, IL

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Leonardo Franke
on Nov 27, 2012 at 11:27:28 am

No I don't want to. That's the point I want have it working and at the same time be able to rec manually.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Nov 27, 2012 at 2:23:30 pm

[Leonardo Franke] "No I don't want to. That's the point I want have it working and at the same time be able to rec manually."

you can't have your cake and eat it too.

How are you going to match clips then when the record function forces clip naming to clips that have not been recorded in camera?

Your post workflows are far better off turning off the Alexa metadata in this situation than not. Leaving it on will screw up your post production methodology of matching back to the camera originals.

gary adcock
Studio37

Chicago, IL

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Gerhard Riesenhuber
on Dec 1, 2012 at 1:24:18 pm

[gary adcock] "the record override that arrived in v3.1 of the software allows for the recording when the camera is not,or when signal is lost during a recording, but you need to manually enable this setting in the interface to allow the KiPro to record when the camera is not running, it is not enabled by default."

Thanks Gary, I knew the option and I have used it already.

My request is the same as Leonardos, to record automatically with the camera or to do it manually if the camera is not recording. From my side the KiPro is not used for later conforming with the originals, it's used as a video assist unit to record on set, also rehearsals where the cam is not rolling.

If I would use it as a offline proxy recording machine it wouldn't make much sense to record manually too, like you said.

Best,
Gerhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]