FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ki Pro and wireless control

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Smith
Ki Pro and wireless control
on Nov 5, 2010 at 8:12:26 pm

Has anybody gotten wireless control of a Ki Pro? Anybody?

If you have gotten it to work I would love to know how, and I bet AJA would too.

I'm attempting to access an Airport Extreme base station. Ki Pro legal SSID name. Settings:

53.0 The units find my SSID and I can choose it
53.1 Enabled
53.2 I enter the same SSID
53.3 set to WEP (which I double checked and is what I'm using on this network)
53.4 password is set exactly and quadruple checked
54.1 DHCP
54.2 reports "No DHCP Server"

I would try using a static address and subnet mask if I knew the proper settings, so if you can suggest those I'll give them a try.

Thanks!
David

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Ki Pro and wireless control
on Nov 5, 2010 at 8:41:41 pm

Is the SSID public?

Return to posts index

David Smith
on Nov 5, 2010 at 8:48:33 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Is the SSID public?
"

Hi Jeremy,

Just to make sure I understand your question.... public as in not hidden, correct?

If so, yes, the SSID is public. It appears in the list of available wireless networks on my computers and is also listed by both of my Ki Pros as available.

The SSID uses only upper and lower case letters. No spaces or special characters. Same with the password. (anticipating a different question)

Thanks!
David

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 5, 2010 at 10:04:58 pm

[David Smith] "public as in not hidden, correct?"

Exactly. You aren't hooked up to ethernet as well, are you?

Return to posts index

David Smith
on Nov 5, 2010 at 10:17:40 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "[David Smith] "public as in not hidden, correct?"

Exactly. You aren't hooked up to ethernet as well, are you?
"

No. I've tried setting the Ki Pro from the front panel, and also using the Wireless page in the GUI, and then unplugging the ethernet cable after applying the settings.

Thanks!
David

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 5, 2010 at 10:36:42 pm

It sounds like you might not be getting the wireless signal. Use the front control panel so the Ki doesn't get confused on where to grab an IP.

make sure and restart the Ki before proceeding.

Return to posts index

David Smith
on Nov 5, 2010 at 11:06:26 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "It sounds like you might not be getting the wireless signal. Use the front control panel so the Ki doesn't get confused on where to grab an IP.

make sure and restart the Ki before proceeding."

Thanks Jeremy, I have indeed tried that, and did so again at your prompting. No go. The Ki Pros do see the network. (config menu 53.0) and they do assign the found network when chosen (config menu 53.2). I set up a second access point just to make sure, and they see both networks and switch between them when asked to.

Tell me please, have you ever gotten this to work?

Can anyone suggest a valid static IP address and subnet mask so I can try that instead of the DHCP? Nothing I've tried works, but I don't really know much about network protocols.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 5, 2010 at 11:21:37 pm

[David Smith] "Tell me please, have you ever gotten this to work?"

Yeah, via a computer, an iPhone and iPad on the regular.

is this is a small office network? Big Office? home? Basically, how many computers on your network?

Return to posts index

wolfgang schabhuettl
on Nov 5, 2010 at 11:51:01 pm

same problem for month with 2 kipro :-(

static IP address

my router ( apple capsule ) tell me
the kipro is connected ( see the MAC-adress )

but no connection from a browser

plugd LAN is working well

same with 1.11 or 2.0 firmware

wolfgang

Return to posts index

David Smith
on Nov 6, 2010 at 9:04:31 pm

You might try it using DHCP. I've found that it can take a bit of time to get the address assigned. Trying the MiFi this morning, it sat on page 54.2 and still reported "No DHCP Server" for maybe twenty or thirty seconds (sounds like no time when you write it, but seems a long time while you sit there) and then the address would pop up.

Return to posts index

David Smith
Re: Ki Pro and wireless control - WORKING!!!
on Nov 6, 2010 at 12:02:12 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "[David Smith] "Tell me please, have you ever gotten this to work?"

Yeah, via a computer, an iPhone and iPad on the regular.

is this is a small office network? Big Office? home? Basically, how many computers on your network?
"

Well that gave me some hope and I've found the problem! They did not like my WEP security. I opened the network and it worked. Reset the WEP password and it stopped working. I changed the security to WPA2 and it works!

Just for fun I tried a WEP setting with a different password. No go. Reset to WPA2, works fine with the same password.

Thank you very much for your time and thoughtfulness Jeremy, much appreciated.

David

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 6, 2010 at 12:11:08 am

[David Smith] "Well that gave me some hope and I've found the problem!"

Good sletuhing. I guess I have never tried WEP as all the ones I have used have been WPA.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Kevin Christopher
on Nov 12, 2010 at 5:19:14 pm

I have found that anything that is remotely related to a MAC has a hard time using WEP and the passphrase depending on what router is used. You end up using the 26 character alpha numeric code to make it work. So I have just given up and gone WPA all the way. It seems that Netgear, Linksys and others implement the passphrase differently.

Kevin

Return to posts index

wolfgang schabhuettl
on Nov 20, 2010 at 12:11:39 am

also without pass no browserremote :- (

geht dhcp address from server ( see kipro as connected )
but on browser ( safari, firefox, seamonkey )
can´t connect to webinterface

same situation at 2 kipros with different wireless router

any ideas ?

Return to posts index

wolfgang schabhuettl
on Nov 6, 2010 at 12:05:12 pm

my securitysetting is always to WPA2 on timecapsule

try to use other routers - also doesn´t work :- (

wolfgang

Return to posts index

wolfgang schabhuettl
on Mar 5, 2011 at 2:34:35 pm

3 month later ... same situation :- (

frustrated
wolfgang

Return to posts index

Mark Rule
on Mar 11, 2011 at 7:21:39 am

I'm working in the PC world and was keen to give the wireless option a go (and the iphone interface).

I've got 3 wireless routers available - and can only get the KiPro's to work with one of them (its a vodafone branded router). The other 2 (D-Link DI-524 and a DSE brand) won't work at all - the KiPro's will find the routers and get IP addresses assigned via DHCP, but its not possible to connect via a browser.

Pinging the addresses from the command prompt gets no response either.

Have checked the router settings against the one that is working - and as far as I can tell, everything is set the same.

Very frustrating and a lot of time wasted. Will stick to cabled ethernet I think!

Mark

Return to posts index

wolfgang schabhuettl
on Apr 7, 2011 at 9:00:26 am

if you use IP adress like 10.0.1.x it works

does not work with 192.168.1.x :- (

Return to posts index

Bryce McKay
on Apr 18, 2012 at 3:58:49 pm

We have several Ki Pro's with no problem, but we can't get the LAN ethernet port to work on one of them no matter which brand of router or address numbering we use.

We eventually managed to get the problematic Ki Pro to see our wireless network with DHCP but then the web interface would not start or respond. By accident, on the front panel I found that if I changed the LAN ethernet setting from DHCP, Default or Static to a different one, then the web interface would suddenly appear over the WiFi connection's IP address. Weird.

I managed to upgrade the firmware to V3 over WiFi, but still don't get any response over the LAN port and apart from a quick blink on startup, the indicator lights on the LAN port don't light up at all - and our router doesn't see the LAN port MAC address either. Guess we will have to send it in for repairs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]