FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ki Pro time-code & LTC Out bug in 2.0?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Colemont
Ki Pro time-code & LTC Out bug in 2.0?
on Oct 18, 2010 at 2:49:00 pm

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here but it worked in version 1.1.
When I record a video from the unit in 720P50 and playback the file there is no valid LTC out anymore!
In 720P60 it does work fine. I do hear the typical time-code when I connect the LTC to an audio desk in any of the modes, but none of my other equipment understood the LTC signal when using 720p50.
So I did a test and when I create an file in Final Cut Pro 720p50, the problem got even worse.
The timecode runs 2x as fast on the Ki Pro display. 20 sec is 40 sec on the display.
The same file exported as 720P60 works fine. I'll do a test with 1080i this week.

Here is what I was trying to do which did work fine in version 1.1 to record a videclip.
- Ki Pro 1 was loaded with a ProRess file in 720P50 (made in FCP with the song as an audio track and a big time-code window on screen).
- LTC out of Ki Pro 1 was used to trigger two other Ki Pro's to record the A & B cameras.
Both Ki Pro 2 and 3 were set to start recording as soon as Time-code was received.

I double checked, by trying to playback the tracks on my different machines, same result.
All Ki Pro's are loaded with version 2.0
In the end as plan B, I recorded a time-code track on the right channel for the Ki Pro 1 to playback, and connected this to the LTC In of the two other Ki Pro's. That did work, as the LTC out itself fails to work.

Anything else I can check AJA support?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Ki Pro time-code & LTC Out bug in 2.0?
on Oct 18, 2010 at 10:33:59 pm

Is your tc rate set @ 25, or 50 in FCP?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 18, 2010 at 11:11:19 pm

What I'm saying is maybe you should try 50 @ 25 and see if that works better.

Right click on the sequence tc box like this:

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Marc Colemont
on Oct 19, 2010 at 6:37:19 am

Thanks I'll try that!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]