FORUMS: list search recent posts

A/V mismatch question

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Dawson
A/V mismatch question
on Oct 1, 2010 at 9:36:38 pm

I am outputting from the SDI connector on the back of a Sony EX3 to the SDI input on the back of the Ki-Pro. It sounds ridiculous but yesterday it worked and today it flashes mismatch. What's up what have I done wrong. Still on the uphill curve with this new Ki-Pro. Thanks

Says mismatch but records it anyway? But I want to record 1080i 59.94SDI. The Sony EX3 viewfinder says 1080/60i but the Ki-Pro doesn't recognize that signal.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: A/V mismatch question
on Oct 1, 2010 at 10:42:12 pm

Do you have the web GUI available?

Click on the status link to see what's really coming in.

Make sure rp188 tc is on.

Make sure color space is set to SMPTE.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Oct 1, 2010 at 11:39:56 pm

Harry,
The "WARNING A/V Mismatch" prompt appears if you select an audio or video that cannot be combined. You are likely seeing this prompt if the settings in the CONFIG menu parameters have been changed for either the video input or the audio input. Please refer to the Ki Pro manual for information on the specific settings. As an example: if you set the input video to SDI, but the audio input to HDMI, the A/V Mismatch prompt will appear. SDI and HDMI cannot be mismatched in terms of their respective embedded audio. Analog audio or digital audio matched to the video source can be used for recordings.

Additionally, Ki Pro offers support for a wide variety of formats and framerates. AJA owns a Sony PMW-EX1, and it works with the camera's HD-SDI output for the 720p as well as 1080i outputs, including 1080i 29.97fps (1080i 59.94 fields) signal. 1080i 60 (1080i 30fps) is not supported however. With updated firmware on the Sony PMW-EX1, the camera can even output 1080PsF 23.98 video.

Again, I would recommend thoroughly reading the product manual as well as contacting AJA technical support if you need additional help or information.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Harry Dawson
on Oct 2, 2010 at 5:02:54 pm

Thanks for your help guys. I read the manual and worked with the machine for two days before posting here. All inputs are matched in the GUI and the front readout.

There is a shot in the website testimonial video of 1080i 59.97, which is what I was trying to make my machine do. Since the camera outputs 1080/60i it appears this could be a mismatch because the Ki-Pro doesn't support that. One important reason for getting it was to have this recording capacity, but oh well.

One more thing before the shoot I still do not understand. Will recording in Pro-ResHQ be a superior signal to Pro-Res regular (not LT or Proxy) from the SDI out of my EX3? Or should I test and look at it?

I don't know what this is: "Make sure rp188 tc is on."

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 2, 2010 at 5:17:16 pm

[Harry Dawson] "There is a shot in the website testimonial video of 1080i 59.97"

29.97 or 59.94? can't be 59.97.

[Harry Dawson] "Since the camera outputs 1080/60i it appears this could be a mismatch because the Ki-Pro doesn't support that. "

Sony says 60i, buy in reality it's 59.94i. 60i is used as shorthand. There's no doubt the Ki will work with your camera.

Are audio and video are set to SDI? Can you take a screen grab of your config screen and the staus screen fro the GUI and post here?

[Harry Dawson] "I don't know what this is: "Make sure rp188 tc is on.""

The tc in value.

Return to posts index

Harry Dawson
on Oct 2, 2010 at 6:32:55 pm

59.94 (typo)
all GUI values match up
A/V mismatch warning is gone
shooting some tests today and will take to edit suite and look at on
FSI monitor. ProRes, ProResHQ, and just for comparison, the SxS card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]