FORUMS: list search recent posts

trouble accessing browser

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Dawson
trouble accessing browser
on Oct 1, 2010 at 3:50:10 pm

Configuring a new Ki-Pro. Believe I have followed all the instructions but still can't get the control to come up in a browser, either FF or Safari. Trying both ethernet cable and wireless. Anyone else had this problem?

MacBook Pro, 2.2 GHx Intel Core 22 Duo, 2 gig ram

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: trouble accessing browser
on Oct 1, 2010 at 4:03:36 pm

Harry,
Typically, we find that users have the easiest time accessing the device from Safari or Firefox if they try the following procedure:
First, perform a direct connection from your computer to the Ki Pro LAN port via an ethernet cable. Second, open the System Preferences on your Mac and select Network.
Third, select the ethernet port from the list of connection ports and then in the Configure IPv4 area, set the pulldown to "Manually."
Fourth, enter the standard default IP address for a host: 192.168.0.1 and the standard subnet mask value of: 255.255.255.0

You should see the Ethernet port condition on the left hand side go to green and indicate "Connected."

On the Ki Pro itself, be sure that you have set the CONFIG menu parameter 50.1 IP Config to Static Address.

Now, from your web browser, Safari or Firefox, enter the IP address of 192.168.0.2

After a second or two the Ki Pro web UI should appear.

If you need any additional assistance, AJA technical support would be happy to assist you.

Hope this is helpful.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Kenyon Blower
on Oct 8, 2010 at 4:37:16 am

Thanks for the instructions, I was having the same problems. Thanks also for the update. I look forward to using the new capabilities.

Kenyon Blower
Location Edit. LLC
Dual FCP On-location Editing
with KONA 3, IO-HD, KI Pro
D5, DVCPRO-HD, Digi-Beta
locationedit.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 1, 2010 at 5:11:59 pm

Are you using direct connect or is the Ki on a network?

Wireless must be done through an access point (meaning you can't connect the Ki directly to a computer wirelessly, you need a wireless router in the middle).

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Harry Dawson
on Oct 1, 2010 at 6:33:06 pm

Ki-Pro support got me on the right track with specific settings. Should I post them here? I couldn't find the answer on a search.

Now I'm working on trying to get it to work on my iPhone...

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 1, 2010 at 7:15:43 pm

[Harry Dawson] "Now I'm working on trying to get it to work on my iPhone..."

If you have an access point and the Ki is in the network, then it's as simple as typing in the IP address. Ki must be hooked up to your access point (including security password) and be able to get an IP address from it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]