FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera head for Ki Pro Mini

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Cunningham
Camera head for Ki Pro Mini
on Sep 27, 2010 at 2:02:22 pm

For most of my broadcast needs DVCProHD or ProRez Standard or LT is great.
I would love to see a 2/3" 1" chip (CMOS or CCD) head/lens that that Ki Mini just snaps into. I know you can hang the mini off of the back of EX1 etc., but why bother when all you really want is the ProRez file.

So, anybody out there planning on coming out with a nice reasonably priced camera head/lens that integrates seamlessly with the Ki mini?

Cheers,

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Camera head for Ki Pro Mini
on Sep 27, 2010 at 9:53:41 pm

I guess I'm a little perplexed by your question, but the Ki can work with nearly any sdi/HDMI enabled camera.

Return to posts index

Jim Cunningham
on Sep 27, 2010 at 11:08:12 pm

I know that you can plug it into any SDI spigot. What I was thinking was; why do I need an SxS recording mechanism on an EX1, get rid of it and replace it with the Ki Mini.

There were many Betacam & Iki cameras that were sold with the ability to attach to different Beta & DVcam recorder backs. I guess what I am really suggesting is an AJA Ki camera.

It would be interesting to see if something like that doesn't show up at next years NAB. It will probably be something that RED will promise and we will see it delivered in 4 or 5 years :-)

Cheers,

Jim

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 9, 2010 at 2:03:23 am

I hear what your saying. The only problem is Sony and Panasonic want you to by SxS and P2 cards.

What I would like to see is Sony, Panasonic and JVC record ProRes to P2/SxS/SD just like the Alexa.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]