FORUMS: list search recent posts

Come on AJA Firmware 2!

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arnaud Paris
Come on AJA Firmware 2!
on Sep 12, 2010 at 12:13:54 pm

The firmware 2 wit RS 422 support was supposed to be released this summer and now it's fall with a new ki pro mini announcement but no sign of the firmware 2!

Come on AJA, it's great to attract new customers but you know the entire Ki Pro community is waiting for RS422 support to really consider the Ki Pro as a serious replacement for SRW decks which was announced since the begining...

Thanks for caring about current customers and keeping them posted about what's going on. It's ok to be a bit late, but it's not to keep us in the dark.

Arnaud

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Come on AJA Firmware 2!
on Sep 12, 2010 at 1:42:48 pm

I am sure it will be released when it's ready, but not before.

All in due time.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Sep 12, 2010 at 8:54:38 pm

Arnaud P. - Please note that in North America, summer, which you correctly noted as the announced ship date for Ki Pro 2.0 firmware, does not end until September 21st.

You should expect the firmware update by this date.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Chris Thomsen
on Sep 22, 2010 at 7:05:41 am

In our country it`s the 22. September today.

Greetz Chris

Return to posts index

Marc Colemont
on Sep 13, 2010 at 9:34:28 pm

I saw the version 2.0 working today at IBC.
The gang recording, new file naming possibilities and the RS-422 are awesome!
They said it will be out in a week or so.

Dear AJA support, please add the Firewire800 support on the back to connect to a computer in a future version. I know everything can't be done at ones, but now I'm (sure others will too) wearing out the SATA & Firewire connections on the Ki Pro's harddrives to connect them to my MacBook Pro one by one each time to transfer files.

Return to posts index

Arnaud Paris
on Sep 21, 2010 at 1:02:54 pm

Hmmm did time stop in North America since last week, or is it just on AJA's website?

4K Red Digital Cinema in Paris
http://www.locared.com

Return to posts index

Kenyon Blower
on Sep 24, 2010 at 8:13:20 pm

Why don\'t you say from the beginning that it will be released in September instead of giving a 4 month window (which, as if it needs to be mentioned, you missed)

Kenyon Blower
Location Edit. LLC
Dual FCP On-location Editing
with KONA 3, IO-HD, KI Pro
D5, DVCPRO-HD, Digi-Beta
locationedit.com

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Sep 24, 2010 at 8:19:25 pm

[Kenyon Blower] "Why don\'t you say from the beginning that it will be released in September instead of giving a 4 month window (which, as if it needs to be mentioned, you missed)"

Look go bitch at AJA, Call the support line and complain.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 24, 2010 at 8:27:48 pm

Also, I said it before I say it again. It's better to release something late that works than something early that doesn't. AJA has a very decent QA process and I am sure they are trying to make sure it's good to go.

Patience is a virtue.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Kenyon Blower
on Sep 25, 2010 at 5:54:51 pm

I did e-mail AJA and got an arrogant response similar to the \"summer is not over so our prediction is still good\". I don\'t have problem waiting for a bug free update but don\'t say it will be released and not expect comments when you miss that date. BTW, when I bought my KI Pro, I was told that it would have 8 channels of audio embedded. When I called about it only having 2 channels of audio, I was told it would work very soon. Seven months later, it still sits being unused because of the audio capabilities. 

Kenyon Blower
Location Edit. LLC
Dual FCP On-location Editing
with KONA 3, IO-HD, KI Pro
D5, DVCPRO-HD, Digi-Beta
locationedit.com

Return to posts index

Nick Rashby
on Sep 26, 2010 at 2:51:51 pm

Hi Kenyon and everyone,

We expect the new Ki Pro 2.0 firmware to be released very soon, hopefully as early as next week. As Jeremy and Gary mentioned, we are in final QA, and wish to release the most stable upgrade we can. Although we did say "summer", our engineers and product managers feel releasing a stable product is our primary mission.

That being said, we certainly appreciate your patience as we work diligently to release the exciting new 2.0 features for the Ki Pro. As always, everyone at AJA wants our customers to be completely satisfied, which is what drives us each and every day!

Look for release information here on the Cow and at http://www.aja.com very soon!

Best regards,

Nick Rashby
President
AJA Video Systems

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 27, 2010 at 7:31:23 pm

v2 is now released.

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/269/879

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>