FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording to a stand-alone Blu-Ray Burner

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Pullen
Recording to a stand-alone Blu-Ray Burner
on Sep 7, 2010 at 2:33:18 pm

Hello all, I am looking for a way to burn Blu-ray discs directly from the Ki-Pro (or live) to a standalone burner such as the JVC SR-HD1500US. I am needing to find a way that I can record a weekly event, and start dubbing discs right after. The burner has composite and RCA inputs (Why I don’t know, but it’s the only stand-alone Blu-ray burner I know of) so for starters I’ll be taking the composite and RCA’s from the Ki Pro and recording the down converted video to a regular DVD. But eventually I would like to find a way to make a Blu-Ray disc. The JVC has a mini-dv input for HDV, but I think I read that the fire wire on the Ki-Pro is only for MAC, and only for file transfers? Anyone have any ideas for a better solution that doesn’t involve using a PC or MAC?

Thanks,

Chuck Pullen

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Recording to a stand-alone Blu-Ray Burner
on Sep 8, 2010 at 4:59:40 pm

[Chuck Pullen] "Hello all, I am looking for a way to burn Blu-ray discs directly from the Ki-Pro (or live) to a standalone burner such as the JVC SR-HD1500US."

What's your source, and why BluRay?

[Chuck Pullen] "The burner has composite and RCA inputs (Why I don’t know, but it’s the only stand-alone Blu-ray burner I know of) so for starters I’ll be taking the composite and RCA’s from the Ki Pro and recording the down converted video to a regular DVD."

This kind of defeats the purpose of BluRay. If going DVD, why not just get a DVD recorder that can better than composite?

[Chuck Pullen] "The JVC has a mini-dv input for HDV, but I think I read that the fire wire on the Ki-Pro is only for MAC, and only for file transfers?"

Firewire out of the Ki works on a PC too, but yes it is only for file transfers. You will not get dv/hdv video out of the KiPro.

[Chuck Pullen] "Anyone have any ideas for a better solution that doesn’t involve using a PC or MAC?"

use a regular DVD recorder if you need physical discs.

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Sep 8, 2010 at 5:32:36 pm

Hi Jeremy, thanks for the response.

“What's your source, and why Blu-Ray?”

The source is HD/SDI coming from a Panasonic switcher, I use the Ki Pro to record the line cut. I wanted a Blu Ray as I also need a player, and since space is at a premium in my flypack, I wanted to multipurpose the recorder.

“This kind of defeats the purpose of Blu-Ray. If going DVD, why not just get a DVD recorder that can better than composite?”

I agree that it’s not ideal. I’ve been looking for a recorder that can take HD/SDI, doesn’t look like that exists. Can you recommend a high end recorder with either a component or HDMI input that I can connect to the Ki Pro? I can always install a separate player later if need be.

Chuck Pullen

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 8, 2010 at 5:57:54 pm

[Chuck Pullen] "Can you recommend a high end recorder with either a component or HDMI input that I can connect to the Ki Pro?"

DVD Recorder? Not sure if you need high end, but the Pioneer PRV-LX1 was the most high end recorder I had ever come across.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]