FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Review

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Jensen
Video Review
on Jun 17, 2010 at 4:04:34 pm

Hey guys, I'm going to get a ki-pro here pretty soon and had a quick question for you all. What I do is shoot talent that talk about their business and they have scripts and what not and we take a few takes of each script. Now, what we currently do is review the video on the laptop, we record directly to PPro, at the end of the shoot and the client approves which take they like best. Now how easy is it to review video captures on the ki-pro. I plan on having a small lcd screen and connect it via hdmi. Is it hard to play back lets say 15 different takes? Is it easy to traverse through the different "scripts"? Each script will be a different number say, Client#-Script#-Take#. To get to the point, is it difficult to review the video via the ki-pro onto external monitor?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Video Review
on Jun 17, 2010 at 5:05:49 pm

No. You can simply select which take (have to menu through one by one) and then hit play.

Or you can unmount the drive, plug it in via fw800 and choose which clip to watch on the computer.

You might want to take notes on what clip is which person because right now the naming options of clips are very limited on the Ki.

Return to posts index

Drew Jensen
on Jun 17, 2010 at 5:58:31 pm

I was also wondering if it would be best for play to control it via the ethernet. I would think that using the computer to control the play back is easier than it is be by pressing the buttons on the ki-pro. Same with naming the clips.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 17, 2010 at 6:09:13 pm

[Drew Jensen] "I was also wondering if it would be best for play to control it via the ethernet. I would think that using the computer to control the play back is easier than it is be by pressing the buttons on the ki-pro."

It's one and the same really, both are equally as easy.

[Drew Jensen] "Same with naming the clips."

You can't name the clips using the KiPro. Like I said earlier, it's limited right now. You can unmount the drive, plug in to computer, rename the clips and remount the drive and playback, that would be fine, but you can't custom name the clips on the KiPro right off the bat right now. Your choices are either 'Scene' or 'Clip' with numbers and you also get an alpha appendage if you want (scene_001 or scene_001_A).

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]