FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kipro and canon DSLR camera

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Desrial
Kipro and canon DSLR camera
on Apr 29, 2010 at 8:15:01 pm

Hi Every one,

I heard info today that KiPro can work with Canon 5D/7D DSLR camera with the approriate cable that stick to the certain slot on the canon that feed to Kipro.

I am not sure wheter it is true or not, but could anyone share the info with me please ? Thank you.

Alex Desrial
MediaIntegra - Jakarta

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Kipro and canon DSLR camera
on Apr 30, 2010 at 2:16:39 pm

I think you are talking about the hdmi cable.

Unless things have changed, it's my understanding that the hdmi port is shut off on the camera side when recording and there's no way to turn off all the display information if you wanted to crash record.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Apr 30, 2010 at 4:11:29 pm

[Alex Desrial] "I heard info today that KiPro can work with Canon 5D/7D DSLR camera"

only in Playback.

The DSLR's are using restricted HDMI outputs, so you cannot currently capture a full band width live signal over HDMI from any of the DSLR models.
YOU can use the KiPro as an HDMI to HDSI converter before the shoot- allowing you a true HD monitor to check focus and framing- then convert straight to prores in Realtime when playing back, this will also allow you to add TC to the conversion, as there is NO timecode over HDMI.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

Alex Desrial
on Apr 30, 2010 at 5:37:50 pm

Hi GA and JG,

I heard it is not from HDMI out of the Canon. The guys get informed that there is a certain card ( he is not sure the name ) which is slided into the CF Card slot on the canon. And the card has HD SDI output where kipro will connect to.

Alex Desrial
MediaIntegra - Jakarta

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 30, 2010 at 5:39:11 pm

[Alex Desrial] "And the card has HD SDI output where kipro will connect to. "

If that exists, it's news to me. It really doesn't make much sense as that card is simply recording an h264 stream, but the weird is often true.

Return to posts index

Kane Waldron
on Nov 2, 2010 at 3:48:11 am

I'm told that the Canon 5D has a 480p signal via the HDMI cable while it is recording. Will the Ki Pro record the 480P signal?

Has anyone tried this?

Return to posts index

Raul Lopez
on Feb 2, 2011 at 3:31:13 am

The AJA Ki Pro firmware 2.0.0.125 does NOT recognize 480p via HDMI. I tried it today, it only recognizes 525i, 720p and 1080i. Hopefully a later firmware release will recognize the HDMI format.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]