FORUMS: list search recent posts

Arm Recording - RED One triggers thru SDI?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan graetz
Arm Recording - RED One triggers thru SDI?
on Apr 15, 2010 at 2:27:57 am

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it's possible to setup the KiPro to automatically trigger recording through the SDI input fed from a RED One?
I've tried running the RED in both Time-Of-Day and Edge Code and tried as many configurations of settings in the KiPro as I could think of. If I set the Timecode input to SDI RP188 with the RED connected (but not recording) the KiPro starts recording instantly. But when I stop the record and then trigger the record on the RED it doesn't activate the KiPro record again.
Any help would be hugely appreciated. We're dead keen to get this working as a video-village recorder with our RED camera packages.

Cheers,
Dan

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Arm Recording - RED One triggers thru SDI?
on Apr 15, 2010 at 12:40:06 pm

[dan graetz] "Does anyone know if it's possible to setup the KiPro to automatically trigger recording through the SDI input fed from a RED One?"

the RedOne does not generate the sync pulse in the same manner as other cameras for the kipro to see it.
however.

The Qtake HD software does allow for direct reading of RED's file naming convention, pulldown removal to shooting frame rate and access to all the metadata including edge code over the 720p HDSDI connection.

" We're dead keen to get this working as a video-village recorder with our RED camera packages. "
then look into QTAKE, it was designed as a Video assist tool and excels at those tasks.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]