FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ki Pro sighting!

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Doherty
Ki Pro sighting!
on Mar 25, 2010 at 3:35:08 am

Gary, I watched the DSLR shootout and noticed a Ki Pro in a couple of the shots. Can you tell me what it was used for? I didn't think the video output of the DSLR's was worth recording.

Thanks, Daniel

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Ki Pro sighting!
on Mar 25, 2010 at 3:51:07 pm

[Daniel Doherty] "Gary, I watched the DSLR shootout and noticed a Ki Pro in a couple of the shots. Can you tell me what it was used for? I didn't think the video output of the DSLR's was worth recording. "

hey daniel.

I ran out of my Aja Hi5 converters, so I took the HDMI feed out of the camera and used the kipro as a really expensive converter so that I could preview and focus the darn things.

This is one of the biggest issues with the DSLR movement- you cannot comfortably focus on a 2.5in LCD screen that only shows 150 lines or so of resolution.

FYI it can record Playback from any of the cameras, but the Live HDMI video out is currently restricted do to HDMI/ HDCP Digital Rights issues AND the fact that a live V-out makes it a video camera with higher import duties.

SPOILER ALERT-- I wrote a behind the scenes article about the Zacuto Shootout that will be published as part of the NAB SuperMeet Magazine, I tech edited Rich Harrington's new book called "Stills To Motion" on the DSLR video movement and most people do not know I made my living as a Still Photographer for many years.
and I still have my first HD still camera, an 8x10 Deardorff.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

Daniel Doherty
on Mar 25, 2010 at 4:50:08 pm

Gary, thank you for the timely response. Got any predictions as to what the next generation of DSLR's will be capable of? I currently use an EX3 with my KI Pro. Excellent PQ, however, I would like to have a smaller b-camera.
Also, I'm not able to attend NAB this year. Will your behind the scenes article be posted online?

Thanks, Daniel

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Mar 25, 2010 at 5:41:26 pm

[Daniel Doherty] "Also, I'm not able to attend NAB this year. Will your behind the scenes article be posted online? "

Too Bad, it will a big NAB.

The article will be in the NAB issue of the SuperMag, I wrote it just for that purpose, you will be able to download it sometime after april 12th.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

Daniel Doherty
on Mar 25, 2010 at 8:04:26 pm

Again, thanks for the info. I look forward to reading your review.

Daniel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]