FORUMS: list search recent posts

Eject Mechanism

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Beazley
Eject Mechanism
on Feb 26, 2010 at 3:05:51 pm

The eject mechanism needs to be re-thought. I now have 2 corrupt files even though I made sure that the clips were not parked; ie no timecode shown on the display.

This is what needs to happen; you push the eject button, the system OS safely un-mounts the drive and gives you visual cues on the display that the drive is safe to pull out.

Is this even possible with the current setup? It looks like the Eject button is simply mechanical in function.

-mark

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Eject Mechanism
on Feb 26, 2010 at 3:33:37 pm

This is in the manual. You need to hit the slot button first, then eject the drive. The slot button moves the read/write capability off of the current drive.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Mark Beazley
on Feb 26, 2010 at 3:47:29 pm

Yes we just found that info by RTFM. It is a bit of a bugger it is not on the quick guide, but live and learn. We had a tape backup since this is our second go with the KiPros (renting). We do plan on purchasing though, so all this learn the hard way is probably good in the long haul.

Thanks for the reply and not ripping me to shreds...which I deserve for not RTFM. All is good.

-mark

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 26, 2010 at 3:50:49 pm

[Mark Beazley] "All is good. "

Yes it is. You might not have lost all the info in those files. Check out this post:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/269/254

Jeremy

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Feb 26, 2010 at 4:25:14 pm

[Mark Beazley] "This is what needs to happen; you push the eject button, the system OS safely un-mounts the drive and gives you visual cues on the display that the drive is safe to pull out."

It does.

Pushing the "Slot" button un-mounts the drive, with visual indication on the display that says CLIP / DRIVE is NA or not available

This is a computer that records to disk, all disks attached to a computer need to be unmounted before removing.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Mark Beazley
on Feb 27, 2010 at 1:45:42 pm

Sometimes learning the hard way is the best way since you tend not to forget. I'm not too worried since we had a tape backup running. The material was just for archival purposes.

-mark

Return to posts index

Alex Desrial
on Apr 9, 2010 at 3:41:08 pm

Hi Mark,

Wondering how you got the corrupted file.

Here In Jakarta, our KiPro customer utilising KiPro for the TV serial. The team shoot day and night till 3 AM..and they often move their location, indoor and out door. They event take some schenes in a car. From the begining i warn the operator to have the correct eject mechanism. And they got no problem, they got no corrupted file.

They use Clips from KiPro for post, and keep the Clip of the P2HD as back up. They are very exciting with the Kipro, they get rid of tape from now. link ; http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9678&id=100000632741940

How come you still use KiPro's clip as back up only ? Just curious, thanks for the share info.

Alex Desrial
MediaIntegra - Jakarta

Return to posts index

Mark Beazley
on Apr 9, 2010 at 5:27:33 pm

We got some corrupted files by ejecting the drive without hitting the slot button to unmount it -- it was a amateurish mistake of us to make by not reading the manual.

We were not using the KiPro as a back-up record, but rather a DVCAM off of the component output of the KiPro as a back up. We figured having tape backup while we were still evaluating the KiPros was a good idea.

-mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]