FORUMS: list search recent posts

Be aware Video SG Turn On.

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Desrial
Be aware Video SG Turn On.
on Feb 16, 2010 at 1:01:28 pm

Dear KiPro Users,

I just upgraded my Kipro firmware to the lattest firmware today.

In this new version there is Video SG features whhichs is the color bars or black.

But be aware when the Video SG is ON, KiPro will record the color bars it self, but not recording the video from you camera. And you will see the record button get work, but it only recording the Vide SG ( color bars) not the input video you expect.

At first I thought that Kipro would by pass the Video SG when there is incoming video signal recorded, but in fact i was not.

This is just to remind you guys that be aware of utilizing the SG Video. Just turn the vide SG to OFF if you start recording, do not forget !

Hope this info help.

Alex Desrial
MediaIntegra - Jakarta

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Be aware Video SG Turn On.
on Feb 16, 2010 at 1:36:28 pm

Just curious, but are you monitoring the output of the Ki?

Return to posts index

Alex Desrial
on Feb 16, 2010 at 2:06:10 pm

Hi JG,

Yes we do monitoring with Kipro, and only the color bars of Video SG appearing.

At first i try with component down convert out put, while we have HD SDI input , and i found Kipro only provide the color bars. I did make sure every setting is OK as i have been using this way with no problem for months.

Just in case i got faulty component out put , I use Kipro SDI down converted output , for D/A convert i use AJA D5CE as my monitor is still SD analog.

But still the same result. But in this part i am happy as i have no faulty component output.

Now all working well, i can record while monitoring via SDI or component.

Alex Desrial
MediaIntegra - Jakarta

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Feb 16, 2010 at 6:34:27 pm

[Alex Desrial] "At first i try with component down convert out put, while we have HD SDI input , and i found Kipro only provide the color bars."

Alex,
this is the default for every device I can think of in the video world.

Cameras and decks use B&T for monitor and device calibration. On cameras you turn it on then turn it off, I do not know of a camera that auto-exits B&T when you hit record or you would never get that onto that signal to tape.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]