Now available at the support section of our website is new 1.1 firmware for Ki Pro. This release adds many new features, including:
- Support added for Apple ProRes 422 (LT) and Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) formats.
- 720p VFR recording support added for 720p24 (23.98), 720p25 and 720p30 (29.97). "VFR" has been added as a selection for the 1.1 Record Type menu parameter in addition to "Normal" and "PsF"
- 1080p support added. Ki Pro will now auto-detect 1080p 23.98, 1080p 24, 1080p 25 and 1080p 29.97.
- 1080p Playback menu parameter added. 1080p recordings can be played back as true progressive or as PsF.
- Audio and video signal generators added. The video signal can be set to a desired format/framerate and then Black, 75% Bars, and 100% Bars can be selected. The audio signal generator can be set to Silence or 1kHz tone.
- 802.11 wireless parameters now include a display of available networks as well as a Hide Password option.
- The Fan Speed menu parameter has two new selections, "Quiet Auto" and "Normal Auto." "Quiet Auto" allows the user to run the fan at normal speed until a recording is started and then the fan will ramp down to a lower speed for optimal quiet recording.
- "Play All" feature added; the 15.1 Play Media parameter allows users to select the playback of one clip or all clips. Note: clips of differing formats and framerates may even be played back continuously, but many monitors will need to update when switching between formats so the signal may not appear continuous. For clips all of the same format and framerate, playback will appear continuous. The "play all" functionality can also be used in combination with the loop play functionality.
This release is recommended for all Ki Pro users. Please be sure to read the Release Notes, as they contain important installation and configuration information.