FORUMS: list search recent posts

KiPro and XDCAM EX 3 Slow motion

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Desrial
KiPro and XDCAM EX 3 Slow motion
on Jan 6, 2010 at 4:33:58 pm

Hi JG and GA,

I already got the KiPro and has done some testing in house. And I love to use the SDI RP188 arm recording, I event use the KiPro with external video monitor. We got no problem in convertion features as we do deal with it with AJA products.

I also doing the slow motion features in which i play back 720p50 materials from FCP with Kona card to feed kiPro. And the KiPro works perfectly, it record and play back slow motion very well.

Today we use KiPro with XDCAM EX3 and use macbook pro to control the KiPro via RJ45 cable. The director we tested the system with is very happy as he found no delay response of the Kipro, when he hit the record button on the EX3 camera, the Kipro also right away record the material in real time ( not delay at all) while we also output video monitor from kipro. We try different SD or HD material, when we change video output of the EX3, Kipro automatically recognize the incoming signal. Perfect !!!

As the director and me are not familiar with the usage of EX3 for slow motion setting on the camera and no cameramen with us at the time, as a result we still can not record the slow mo 720p with the KiPro yet. Kipro recognize the 720p50 incoming signal, after we record , we play back the clip in KipRo, but the slow mo does not happen. We are not sure what camera setting we miss , could you please help what to do ?

I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Alex Desrial
MediaIntegra - Jakarta

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: KiPro and XDCAM EX 3 Slow motion
on Jan 6, 2010 at 6:38:47 pm

Hi AD,

[Alex Desrial] "We are not sure what camera setting we miss , could you please help what to do ?"

VFR is not enabled in the KiPro yet. It is scheduled for a future release.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]