FORUMS: list search recent posts

Portable multicamera Record Pack

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Christopher
Portable multicamera Record Pack
on Nov 12, 2009 at 8:27:26 am

Based off of the success I have had with Recording live switched shows to the KI Pro I am now ready to create a portable Multicam record Pack.

1) Has anyone else successfully done this?
2) Is there a way to make the Filenames contain Camera A, B etc?
3) Has anyone used this with a smart Slate, and if so did the TC come from the slate, or the KI Pro?

Im sure there will be more.

Kevin

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Portable multicamera Record Pack
on Nov 12, 2009 at 4:57:44 pm

[Kevin Christopher] "
1) Has anyone else successfully done this?"

I have not personally, but I don't see why you couldn't. You would just have to make sure that whoever rented it knows how to run a KiPro.

[Kevin Christopher] "2) Is there a way to make the Filenames contain Camera A, B etc?"

You can setup an alpha for the names. So you can choose to name the clip, CLIP or SC, then there will be a clip number, and then you can append an alpha to that. Then there's the take number.

SO, throretically, you could make it CLIP1ATK1.mov and so on. The A would stand for Camera A. For the next Ki, you'd set it up CLIP1BTK1.mov and so on.

You also have a choice to name the clips SC (for scene). So that would change it to SC1ATK1.mov, and SC1BTK1.mov respectively.

Once you import to FCP, you can assign angles there as well. Reels are only numbers at this point in the Ki.

[Kevin Christopher] "3) Has anyone used this with a smart Slate, and if so did the TC come from the slate, or the KI Pro?"

It's up to you.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]