FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ki Pro in 24p

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blase Theodore
Ki Pro in 24p
on Nov 7, 2009 at 7:22:01 pm

I'm using a Ki Pro for the first time and I'm feeding it a 24p signal which its reading as a 30i signal and recording as 30psf?

I guess this is the old workaround where we record 24p to a 60i codec? Or am I just setting up my ki box wrong?

Is there a correct workflow for recording 24p material?

Thanks!

Blase

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Ki Pro in 24p
on Nov 8, 2009 at 6:05:07 pm

[Blase Theodore] "I'm using a Ki Pro for the first time and I'm feeding it a 24p signal which its reading as a 30i signal and recording as 30psf? "

The KiPro is going to record whatever video signal your camera is sending out. Not all cameras can directly capture and playback 23.98. 720p records 23.98p in a 59.94p stream for instance.

If you need the signal to record as PsF (which is only possible with 1080 captures) you will need to confirm that setting in the MENU 1.1 is for PsF- recording set to "Normal" will capture the file as 60i not 29.97 sf.

did you read the quickstart guide?

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 9, 2009 at 4:08:22 pm

What's your source?

Return to posts index

Hector Silva
on Nov 10, 2009 at 7:35:27 pm

I had that problem as well. The camera was set to record 1080psf23.98, but the SDI output only does 29.97, so that's what the Ki Pro saw. I verified to make sure it wasn't the Ki Pro's fault by sending out a signal from my Kona card and it saw the 23.98psf just fine. Camera manufacturers scream and holler about what frame rates/sizes they record, but never make mention about what their outputs (SDI, component) can do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]