FORUMS: list search recent posts

Record Formats

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Evans
Record Formats
on Nov 4, 2009 at 2:05:15 am

We are a rental and staging company that just purchased our first two Ki Pro's. I have a few questions I hope someone can answer.

First, when I attempt to record via DVI to HDMI, I can never seem to get this to work. I'm out-putting 1280x720p59.94 via a Barco ScreenPro II. Is DVI to HDMI not supported?

Am I correct that the composite signal only works when down conversion is selected on component out? If so, isn't it a little silly to not always have it down convert since it's composite?

Does anyone else have issues getting certain pieces of equipment to "lock up" certain peices of gear? It seems that the tolerance for record is very high. I've had HDMI not stay "locked" when recording from a DVD. It seems very picky about its sources. Anyone else seen this?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Record Formats
on Nov 4, 2009 at 2:33:45 pm

[Mike Evans] "First, when I attempt to record via DVI to HDMI, I can never seem to get this to work."

AJA's HDMI only supports SMPTE Video signals, while the HDMI protocol supports computer monitor and video display resolutions, AJA's tools only support the Video rasters. AJA also abides to ALL HDCP security measures- so you cannot record HDMI from set-top boxes or gaming consoles.

"Am I correct that the composite signal only works when down conversion is selected on component out? If so, isn't it a little silly to not always have it down convert since it's composite? "

No the composite out should work all the time.

"Does anyone else have issues getting certain pieces of equipment to "lock up" certain peices of gear? It seems that the tolerance for record is very high. I've had HDMI not stay "locked" when recording from a DVD"

I do not know what you mean by locked? there is no ancillary data stream with HDMI capture so device control is and should be manually controlled at the player device- ALSO see note above.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

hans schuurman
on Nov 10, 2009 at 3:48:21 pm

hi,

i think the ki pro want a component YUV signal to its input, and you're probably have a dvi device which uses RGB.
i have the same problem, you can solve it by using a blackmagic dvi extender, it converts dvi to hdsdi

Return to posts index

Mike Evans
on Nov 10, 2009 at 5:43:03 pm

I tried the DVI Extender. No luck. The Barco Screen Pro II would work at 1280x720P 59.94 but the colors were off/ People looked like smurfs. Blue and red color bars were reversed. They need to add 60 Hz as a resolution it can "see" and 1080P.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]