FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best Practices: Formatting the HDD Storage Module

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angela Cheng
Best Practices: Formatting the HDD Storage Module
on Nov 2, 2009 at 12:13:13 pm

After backing up the clips from the HDD Storage Module, is it possible (and are there any advantages) to removing the media from from the HDD while it's still connected to the computer, rather than formatting it when it's mounted in the Ki Pro?

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Best Practices: Formatting the HDD Storage Module
on Nov 2, 2009 at 11:01:33 pm

Angela,

Yes, you can move clips in the "AJA" folder on the Ki Pro Storage Module to the Trash, then perform a Finder>Empty Trash... when the Storage Module is mounted on the computer as storage.

If you leave the "AJA" labeled folder in place and only move the contents of the folder to the Trash, then you can simply drag the Storage Module to the Trash to eject it and then re-insert it in Ki Pro for use.

You can also easily delete your clips from the Ki Pro via the MEDIA>Delete Clips parameter. Information on this parameter can be found in the Ki Pro manual in the MEDIA Menus section of the manual. Note that the Ki Pro Storage Module can be used to hold data other than Apple ProRes 422 QuickTime recordings. If other files are saved to the Ki Pro Storage Module, they should be placed outside of the "AJA" folder. Any material inside of the "AJA" folder will be erased if a MEDIA>Delete Clips>DELETE ALL is performed.

Hope this information is helpful,

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Craig McGillivray
Re: Best Practices: Formatting the HDD Storage Module
on Nov 3, 2009 at 11:16:38 pm

Hey Angela, are you using my 4 KiPro in India? If this is you would you mind sending me your thoughts on them when you're done? Hopefully see you in febuary in Long Beach, uh, if this is the same Angela Cheng I think it is.
-craig

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]