FORUMS: list search recent posts

SDI Triggered Recording

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hector Silva
SDI Triggered Recording
on Oct 7, 2009 at 5:25:19 pm

Trying to put the Ki Pro through its paces and I think I am not finding the information I need in manual or it is not currently supported.

I thought recording could be triggered on the Ki Pro as soon as it detects incoming time code. I have time code set to be sourced through SDI which the camera (JVC HM700) is attached through, but the only recording that happens is after I hit the [REC] button on the Ki Pro itself.

Source is 1080p24 and I'm recording to the same framerate/size.

I am running firmware 1.0.2.

Am I missing something, or is it not one of the features that is supported on the currently shipping unit?

-H

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: SDI Triggered Recording
on Oct 7, 2009 at 5:33:10 pm

It's going to be on a later release.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Hector Silva
on Oct 7, 2009 at 8:52:54 pm

Thanks for the reply. It seemed that the AJA folk were implying that it is one of the standard features, and things like lens tap and firewire would follow in later firmware revisions.

Guess we'll have to wait a little.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Oct 7, 2009 at 9:30:30 pm

[Hector Silva] "It seemed that the AJA folk were implying that it is one of the standard features, and things like lens tap and firewire would follow in later firmware revisions. "

hector
that function will be added in a future release of the software. There are more than one type of "trigger" mode protocols and there are literally hundreds of cameras to be tested.

2 more things to know.
*The current software does not allow for 24.0 frame rates.
*To arm the automatic recording over SDI you need to set the >TC IN< to SDI RP188 and >ARM RECORDING< to TC/REC KEY.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Hector Silva
on Oct 8, 2009 at 3:51:45 pm

[gary adcock] "*To arm the automatic recording over SDI you need to set the >TC IN< to SDI RP188 and >ARM RECORDING< to TC/REC KEY."

Thanks Gary, I am unable to track down an arm recording option in the config menu or the manual, so I'm assuming you are working with pre-release firmware that we may be able to look forward to in some time.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Oct 9, 2009 at 12:37:30 am

[Hector Silva] "I am unable to track down an arm recording option in the config menu or the manual, so I'm assuming you are working with pre-release firmware that we may be able to look forward to in some time. "

Yes, my apologies, I jumped ahead for a moment.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Chicago, IL

Return to posts index

Hector Silva
on Nov 12, 2009 at 8:46:25 pm

As a follow up to my original question and concern, AJA has introduced start/stop record based on time code transmission through source SDI signal in their latest firmware update.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Nov 13, 2009 at 11:16:00 am

[Hector Silva] "As a follow up to my original question and concern, AJA has introduced start/stop record based on time code transmission through source SDI signal in their latest firmware update. "

On cameras that support it, Yes the current update does allow for this with the 20 something cameras I have tested it on.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Ki Pro Software version 1.0.1

(Released 10/21/2009) Update to Ki Pro containing many improvements, including ARM RECORDING, the ability to play Final Cut files containing stereo audio, and other features and changes (see release notes).

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Chicago, IL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]