FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live to Tape err... HD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Christopher
Live to Tape err... HD
on Sep 25, 2009 at 1:01:01 pm

I will be using the KI Pro for a live to tape TV Show today, and I will report back as soon as I recover from the shock. I can say that in tests this week is a dream to work with. We will be recording the switched master, trimming it up in post and putting the graphics package on it. Then putting the final File back on it and going straight on the satellite.

KC

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Live to Tape err... HD
on Sep 25, 2009 at 2:07:40 pm

[Kevin Christopher] "I will be using the KI Pro for a live to tape TV Show today, and I will report back as soon as I recover from the shock. I can say that in tests this week is a dream to work with."

yeah
you are going to love it, I can assure you that development is screaming along, now they need get thru the backlog of pre-orders.

I spent the day yesterday at Fletcher Camera, tested nearly a dozen camera models in PAL, NTSC HD and SD as part of an article I am working on.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Kevin Christopher
on Sep 25, 2009 at 2:41:10 pm

Sweet. Now if I can get closed captions out I will never buy another tape deck.

KC

Return to posts index

Kevin Christopher
on Sep 29, 2009 at 1:33:39 pm

Well things went great on the production side. The KI Pro preformed flawlessly. We even used it to upconvert SD footage, and then playback an SD center crop version for one of the feeds.

We did have one issue that everyone should be made aware of. Since we were using the KI Pro to feed the satelite uplink we had to put the finished piece back on the drive. That was the easy part. What we did not know was the KI Pro can not play back audio that is stereo. What this means is that when you look at the info of the QT File and the audio reads stereo The KI Pro will play back garbage.

IT was an easy fix we just re -wrote the file using grouped mono instead. Get Info now shows 2 channels of Mono audio, and everything works fine.

Learning in the trenches,
Kevin

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Sep 29, 2009 at 2:14:39 pm

[Kevin Christopher] "What we did not know was the KI Pro can not play back audio that is stereo. What this means is that when you look at the info of the QT File and the audio reads stereo The KI Pro will play back garbage."

sorry- had to get that out of my system.

Kevin
you are on the 1.0 release of a something that was designed as ON-CAMERA RECORDING DEVICE.
While everyone thinks cameras record stereo audio, the reality pro and prosumer cameras allow for independent channel volume adjustments and that would not be a stereo audio signal, that would be a dual mono signal.

The first release of the KiPro really was only intended for baseband capture and playback of camera content, later releases of the software will enable lots of things-like 9 pin serial control is lacking currently and that is one of the most urgent needs broadcasters I have talked to are asking about.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Kevin Christopher
on Sep 29, 2009 at 2:55:43 pm

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it! I just thought everyone should know what I found out. The box is a god send to production and we could not have done the show with out it.

Now to some how get 3 more when 9-pin is available,

KC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]