FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can Anyone Recommend a Field Package W. KiPro?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter tours
Can Anyone Recommend a Field Package W. KiPro?
on Sep 16, 2009 at 3:01:04 pm

This month's gear rental bill was a shocker so we are finally going to take the plunge to buy (lease) a broadcast HD field package to shoot our infomercials to be as ready as possible for edit on FCP. What has anyone been shooting on with the KiPro in the field that you might recommend we consider for our package?

Thanks for any input, Peter in Sunny Florida

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Can Anyone Recommend a Field Package W. KiPro?
on Sep 16, 2009 at 3:36:05 pm

[peter tours] "What has anyone been shooting on with the KiPro in the field that you might recommend we consider for our package?"

You mean in terms of cameras? The beauty of the KiPro is that it will take almost anything from SD component through single HD-SDI up to 1080psf. The only thing it won't take is Dual link/3G HD-SDI.

The KiPro records to ProRes or ProRes HQ, so you will have to be sure that whoever you are delivering to can accept/wants ProRes files.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Sep 20, 2009 at 1:54:55 pm

1) you should deal with Moving Pictures in Ft. Lauderdale.
2) I dont' get you asking for a "field package". You have been renting a package. If you have been using a HPX-300, or Sony XDCam EX, or whatever - and it's worked for you, why not just buy that package. Just go to the B&H or Videoguys website, and buy that camera that you have been using. Every camera (from toys to a Sony F23) will work with the KiPro. It's your money - it's your budget - you need to choose the camera that works best for you (and you probably know the answer to this question, as you have been shooting with a rental camera that works for you).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

peter tours
on Sep 20, 2009 at 2:16:15 pm

I probably wasn't clear enough, but it's great to hear from you. More questions about the company you mentioned another time but here's where I am coming from. It wasn't that long ago when field cameras did not automatically have decks on the back of them. So I was thinking, would the KiPro be a re-entry to the 2 piece production system? We always worked that way in years gone by. Why do I need all the expense and technical complication of all that stuff on the back of the camera you don't ....we don't...need if we have the KiPro. And then, what camera?

Am I off in my thinking....?

Cheers, Peter

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]