FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ki Pro remote playback control and slaving

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cail Young
Ki Pro remote playback control and slaving
on Sep 5, 2009 at 1:30:04 am

Just skimmed the newly-released manual - anyone have any insight into this question:

Is it possible through the web interfaces to switch to an arbitrary clip and commence playback within a couple of clicks? Or do I have to use the transport interface and hit next, next, next, next, next?

Also, I read the older thread about stereo/multicam usage; any updates on this? It would be great on 2-camera cine style shoots to be able to TC slave or otherwise synchronise not only recording but playback from at least 2 Ki Pros.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Ki Pro remote playback control and slaving
on Sep 8, 2009 at 3:33:19 pm

[Cail Young] "Is it possible through the web interfaces to switch to an arbitrary clip and commence playback within a couple of clicks?"

Sure. It'll be a drop down menu of sorts.

[Cail Young] "Also, I read the older thread about stereo/multicam usage; any updates on this?"

You would still need a way to frame sync the material.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Cail Young
on Sep 9, 2009 at 2:25:56 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "You would still need a way to frame sync the material. "

Genlock is not an issue - already commonplace on our shoots to use ACL203 and/or hardline genlock; what I'm after is having two Ki Pros play back the correct frames simultaneously with one play button.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 9, 2009 at 3:35:17 pm

[Cail Young] "what I'm after is having two Ki Pros play back the correct frames simultaneously with one play button."

Got ya. In theory, yes. You can playback mulitple KiPros with "one play button". Will they be in sync for stereo? Remains to be seen.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Brian Gwinner
on Aug 3, 2011 at 8:50:06 pm

How do you setup the "One Play Button" feature? We have two KiPros and want to play both at the same time. One option I see is the Firewire (Ctrl/TC).

I have our Hog 3 lighting console and Yamaha DM2000 working fine with time code from one Ki Pro. I need a second kiPro as Backup that plays as a slave, but can take over if if the master fails.

Return to posts index

Pat McGillen
on Jan 5, 2012 at 6:17:14 am

I'm currently using the JL Cooper eslomo-j 4 deck slomo controller for timecode locates and multiple unit playout for live event-works like a charm! Allows me to set up to 1000 cue points and full transport control of any of 4 decks simultaneous. Also works great for gang recording up to 4 decks! A gangway controller can be added for up to 16 deck control if needed!

Return to posts index

Eric Blouin
on Apr 30, 2013 at 3:53:27 pm

Hi Pat,

Does your eslomo controller works well with Kipros?

Eric.

Return to posts index

Pat McGillen
on Apr 30, 2013 at 9:28:35 pm

Yes, for my application, the JL Cooper Eslomo works well. I can call multiple units up to cue timecode point and play within 1 frame accuracy. Also works with Hyperdecks as well at the same time. I also have had good success with the DNF ST300, just don't hit stop twice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]