FORUMS: list search recent posts

Closed captions

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Christopher
Closed captions
on Aug 25, 2009 at 4:39:47 am

OK I will throw one out there. The new FCP will encode CC into the VANC. Will the KI be able to preserve this data, so I can use it as a record deck then take it to my local uplink and put it on a satelite?????

KC

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Closed captions
on Aug 27, 2009 at 12:44:01 pm

[Kevin Christopher] "Will the KI be able to preserve this data, so I can use it as a record deck then take it to my local uplink and put it on a satelite?????"

Kevin,

Since the KiPro is designed as a camera centric capture tool, Closed captioning support is not going to be available when the unit is first released. I have asked that it be included in later builds, for just your purpose, but note that was not one of the original intents of the device.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Chad Hall
on Mar 8, 2012 at 11:20:02 pm

Bumping this thread to see if anyone else has run into the need for capturing SDI with closed captioning embedded into the Ki Pro? With the release of 3.0, it appears that this has still not been addressed.

Return to posts index

Matt Saplin
on May 24, 2013 at 7:32:45 pm

Just ran into this problem for my shop, and came across this thread.

We'd also like the KiPro to support captioning in an SDI studio environment. What we found was that the KiPro would record Line 21 captions, but upon playback, would shift the captioning up one line to Line 20. In a pinch, I know that we could use a frame-sync to shift the KiPro's output vertically one line, but the desired fix would be to have Aja support these units as a true VTR replacement.

Matt Saplin
Director of Engineering & Operations
NYS Media Services Center

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]