FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to set QuikTime or VLC output to KONA LHe Plus?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrey Kharitonov
Is it possible to set QuikTime or VLC output to KONA LHe Plus?
on Jun 10, 2013 at 8:36:00 am

Greetings.

I have a KONA LHe Plus card installed in PC with Windows 7 OS and I need to output video stream from QuickTime or VLC player to this card. Is it possible?
I need to do it through Quick Time or VLC because those are the only 2 known to me video players on Win OS which can play video codec I need (DVCPRO HD). I don't want to install any heavy (and expensive) video-editing software which have built-in support of AJA cards to this PC because I only need to be able to view those files through AJA KONA LHe.

As far as I understand for MAC OS there is a AJA TV for this exact purpose but is there any version or alternative for Windows OS?

Return to posts index

James Brooks
Re: Is it possible to set QuikTime or VLC output to KONA LHe Plus?
on Jun 13, 2013 at 2:53:25 am

DrasticPreview Pro will play DVHD from MOV, AVI or MXF (P2/OP1a/Avid) to the VGA and the LHe (or any other Aja card) at the same time. It works under Windows and OS-X. Supports a large number of other codecs, closed captions and multiple measurement scopes. Try it free here:

http://www.drasticpreviewpro.com

Thanks James

Return to posts index

Mike Leisegang
Re: Is it possible to set QuikTime or VLC output to KONA LHe Plus?
on Jun 13, 2013 at 9:08:41 am

Hi,

You will be able to do this with the latest version of Drastic Preview Pro.

I am using it with a Multibridge Eclipse and is just fantastic.
Email their support for any niggles, they are fantastic to deal with.

It also has Safe Title etc etc and of course output through Kona and others to client monitor.

Cheers, Mike.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]