FORUMS: list search recent posts

10.3 drivers and Avid?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jef Huey
10.3 drivers and Avid?
on Jun 7, 2012 at 8:26:03 pm

Anyone know the status of the new Kona 3 10.3 drivers and Avid 6.0.1?

We are planning on putting CS6 products on our workstations and would like to be able to view AE, Photoshop and even (gasp) Premiere out of the Kona spigots.

Avid is currently approved with AJA 10.1 drivers. Any knowledge about this out there?

Thanks,
Jef

Return to posts index

Anhtu Vu
Re: 10.3 drivers and Avid?
on Jun 25, 2012 at 12:11:24 am

same here, need to install CS 6 and Symphony 6 on my Z800/K3G. Any news ?

Return to posts index

Jef Huey
on Jun 25, 2012 at 1:39:21 pm

Was hoping that AJA support would hop in.

Jef

Return to posts index

Jef Huey
on Jul 5, 2012 at 9:39:08 pm

Well, I chatted w AJA suppport. There is a misprint on the AJA support page. AJA 10.3 drivers as well as AJA plugin for Adobe CS6 are compatible with Avid 6.0. Yea!!

That said, I install these today and can not get real time performance in After Effects in a HD 1080 29.97 project.

I could in CS 5.5. Anybody out there getting good performance in After Effects CS6 and Win 7 with a Kona 3 card? If so, what are your settings?
In fact the lack of settings when working in After Effects seems to be the root of the problem here. I can not see a way to optimize.

Jef

Return to posts index

Jef Huey
on Jul 27, 2012 at 5:00:31 am

I should update this. After some fiddling I am getting good performance. The issues were not having documentation. Well, I did, but did not know it. It was unpacked during the plugin install and I just did not notice it. Bottom line. Things are working more or less as expected.

One small bug. The presets do not seem to save ALL parameters.

Jef

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]