FORUMS: list search recent posts

recommendations for Video playback software

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anhtu Vu
recommendations for Video playback software
on Dec 4, 2011 at 4:52:02 pm

I'm looking to built a machine for Cinema/Broadcast projection. I found something on the Mac from Softron, On the Air Video Express. Is there something similar on the PC that would support the Aja card ?? Thanks

Return to posts index

James Brooks
Re: recommendations for Video playback software
on Dec 4, 2011 at 5:36:50 pm

If you are using basic uncompressed video files, MediaNXS is available for AJA cards for free. You can also purchase the full version to playback most compressed and uncompressed files. http://www.medianxs.com

Return to posts index

Anhtu Vu
on Dec 5, 2011 at 2:30:48 am

Are you using this software ? can you set up a playlist ? Can you do schedule play out ??it seems to me more like a DI application like scratch.

Return to posts index

James Brooks
on Dec 5, 2011 at 2:38:05 am

I actually work for the company that makes it. Yes, you can setup a playlist/timeline. No, it doesn't do scheduling. More for direct I/O, batch, etc. Kind of an input output processor for Scratch, then a Scratch competitor.

Return to posts index

Jeff Brown
on Dec 5, 2011 at 4:02:56 pm

You might also look at the "Rave" or "Canvas" platform from spectsoft.com. It is now open-source (free!). You still need a hefty system with an AJA card, but I believe both incorporate playlist support. The Spectsoft systems are built around Linux.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Anhtu Vu
on Dec 14, 2011 at 3:08:07 pm

hi Jeff,

Do you have any other suggestions besides RaveHD ?? Spectsoft seems too fishy, i emailed them 4 times and still no reply. I can't imagine dealing with such an unreliable company.

Btw, i downloaded your demo and it crashes quite a bit. I was using it with a 12 core Z800 and Win 7 pro. Any idea ?? Thanks

Return to posts index

James Brooks
on Dec 14, 2011 at 3:48:00 pm

Hi

I am not sure if that last question was for me or Jeff. If there is a problem with MediaNXS, please email support-at-drastictech.com and feel free to cc me at 'james' at the same address.

Cheers, James

Return to posts index

Anhtu Vu
on Dec 14, 2011 at 6:13:01 pm

Yes, i was talking about MediaNXS crashing. I will contact support. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]