FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Kona LHI card

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
simon elsbury
AJA Kona LHI card
on May 5, 2011 at 7:45:10 am

Wondering if anyone can help me.

I have the knoa AJA LHi card, which takes in and out HDMI. I recently bought a HD freeview box in the hope to record from this box through the HDMI into FCP. Will this workflow work? Has anyone tried it? Ultimately i want to record HD from the TV into fcp.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Many thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
Re: AJA Kona LHI card
on Jun 24, 2011 at 10:56:14 pm

You need a version of Y- cable on your HDMi cabling that puts regular HDMI towards your TV or similar ending and analog video and audio, or metadata- stripped HDMi towards the input of your LHi. News production companies and duplicator companies use them quite alot because they have to produce out of anything that comes in the door as well as when their own work comes returning back to them wrapped inside of a stupid electronic copyright. Something that has already happened to me.

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Jul 7, 2011 at 11:30:30 pm

There is an anti-copy protocol inside of consumer HDMI outputs so that consumers can't make perfect digital copies.

If it was your content that was being protected from theft, I think you'd find this system far from "stupid".

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Jul 8, 2011 at 2:05:52 pm

"There is an anti-copy protocol inside of consumer HDMI outputs so that consumers can't make perfect digital copies. If it was your content that was being protected from theft, I think you'd find this system far from "stupid"."- Tim Kolb
Tim, even though I wish there were a good enough reason to agree, the reason, the results themselves, are too poor. It is my job and joy to make good shows and push them out the door. My Listenners and Watchers already empty their pockets until they ache, for an amount of shows that`s worth less than the money. That`s not so bad! I am constantly running across bad edits and reworks of my shows already electronically copyrighted so hard that the producers have done everything but whipped out their log and pissed on them. I just have to be mature enough, that old swallow and think, to know that the fans would rather have and pay for the real thing. Tim, when you try to retrieve one of your one, ten, or forty year old shows and some unknown metadata blot or codec turns it into the mouse that never ever comes out of the hole for the cheese, you`ll see that problem too.

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Jul 9, 2011 at 2:08:41 am

If they're your shows, why would you have to record them off-air?

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Jul 11, 2011 at 4:25:19 pm

One reason is for air-checks. Another reason is to steal back stolen masters.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]