FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is My Two PC Compatibles with Kona LHe and LSe?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gustavo Henrique Machado da Silva
Is My Two PC Compatibles with Kona LHe and LSe?
on May 26, 2011 at 1:55:31 pm

Hi Guys, I have a question for you... I need to know if the motherboard and other devices of my computers are compatible with my Kona LHe and Kona LSe, this is the especifications of my two computers:

EDIT PC 1:
Windows 7 64Bits professional
Processor Intel Core i7 960 3.06 GHz with 8 cores
The motherboard is a ASUS P6T SE
12 Gb ram DDR3 1066 MHz
the video board is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
With Kona LHe

EDIT PC 2:
Windows 7 64 Bits Professional
Processor Intel Core i7 860 2.80 GHz with 8 cores
The motherboard is a ECS P55H-A
12 Gb ram DDR3 667 MHz
the video board is a NVIDIA Quadro FX 380
With Kina LSe

Please, someone, Awnser me if possible! We have a lot of tapes to capture and no idea how to configure this board! LOL

Return to posts index

Jeff Brown
Re: Is My Two PC Compatibles with Kona LHe and LSe?
on May 27, 2011 at 10:23:37 pm

What kind of problems are you having?

-jeff

Return to posts index

on May 28, 2011 at 4:28:05 pm

Actually i need a confirmation, because some time ago i finally can make the SLe to work, but only the video... not the audio... I thinks is a configuration problem... All my edit inland end in 3 RCA cables, composite, audio L and audio R and i have NO IDEA how to configure this hardware (LOL)

The AJA support tell-me that are not compatible with any motherboard that use Core i7 processor. but haw can i'm get video with the LSe? I think that this compatibility problem they say its just BS and the boards work great on my PCs

Return to posts index

Jeff Brown
on May 31, 2011 at 1:18:48 pm

Video capture boards are very fussy to configure, and do not work with all motherboards. My Xena2Ke works OK with my Core i7 system (SuperMicro motherboard), but will confess I only use it for output. It might have trouble with capture-- I don't know.
The best place to start is look at the AJA pages and find an "approved" motherboard that has a layout most like yours, and try the arrangement they illustrate.
Also-- What kind of tapes are you capturing?

-Jeff

Return to posts index

on May 31, 2011 at 1:37:38 pm

Betacam tapes and VHS tapes

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Jul 8, 2011 at 5:55:27 pm

Gustavo, most mother-boards work but unfortunately it`s a four-way association between the mother-board bios, the LHe card, the Operating System, the added software, and possibly on- the- board jumpers that usually work around the bios settings. Also the video card is often prone to sucking in the audio path because some idiot designer left little or no path remaining to route in the right direction. Just for story, I just bought a Asrock mother-board for $29 to replace another of the Same company`s for $19 and got the sound working right away so that I wouldn`t have to replace the Operating System and software to what I didn`t like. Still, tap the F1 to F4 keys and the Delete key, at start-up from cold until you are in the bios and try the obvious things like turn internal sound on during regular install then turn internal sound completely off (not auto?) just before installing the Kona card and it`s software.
Although I doubt it`ll work, you might see if you can use an alternate video card in a pci slot temporarily when installing the Kona card then switch back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]