FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Kona LHe on Vegas Audio dropouts

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabio Grammatico
AJA Kona LHe on Vegas Audio dropouts
on Mar 23, 2011 at 1:06:20 pm

Hi All,
i'm having some puzzling issues with my Kona LHe card and Vegas 10.
I'm trying to dub on a Sony Digibetacam Dvw-A500p a Mxf file.
The playback of the item is perfect on Vegas but after rendering the audio doesn’t come at all through the SDI.
After re-starting the print on tape (using the same rendered file) the audio is back but often has audio dropouts in all four channels of the Digibetacam.
Vegas is running on Windows 7.
The issue appears sometimes not in regular cycles.

Any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Fabio Grammatico
Re: AJA Kona LHe on Vegas Audio dropouts
on Jun 21, 2011 at 1:27:01 pm

For the records i have fix my problem with a black burst generator and a sata 3 hard disk.
No more stuttering images!

Return to posts index

John Romein
on May 18, 2012 at 9:43:41 pm

Hi Fabio,

Sounds like you've gotten the Kona LHe card working with Vegas 10. I just picked up the card and cannot get Vegas 10e to capture with it. I can see the capture with AJA's Machina, but in the Vegas capture (SDI selected and AJA video card) I only get "loading device" and eventually the capture window says "not responding". So it looks like it sees the card but it cannot connect.

Is there special setting that need to be adjusted in the AJA Codex or Machina programs?

Cheers, John

Return to posts index

John Romein
on May 18, 2012 at 10:47:45 pm

After some more digging....I answered my own question. Found a document on the Sonycreativesoftware website entitled: http://dspcdn.sonycreativesoftware.com/whitepapers/vegas9_compressed_captur... That walks one through setting up the different capture cards. My issue was that I had simply select the device when entering the Capture window....what I should have done when entering the capture window is to click on preferences and setup the General and Device info first.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]