FORUMS: list search recent posts

codecs

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Johnson
codecs
on Feb 27, 2011 at 5:32:49 pm

Can anyone provide a link where any legit AJA codecs can be downloaded? I'm about to set up our new new Windows 7 64-bit system and, because we often have to work with media from outside our shop and send media to other shops, we've always installed codecs from AJA, Avid and BlackMagic from day one instead of trying to find them with deadlines looming, but we can't seem to find any codecs on any of those developer websites anymore.

I know our approach is somewhat old-school since the advent of newer codecs like ProRes have become somewhat standard, but our shop runs both Mac and Windows systems, as well as needing to both receive from and send to other shops on either platform so a single one-platform, proprietary codec is not a solution for us by a long shot. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jeff Brown
Re: codecs
on Feb 28, 2011 at 3:14:38 am

I believe the "full install" software will install the codecs for you. Just do a "custom" install so you can skip the drivers if you don't have a board in the machine.

-jeff

Return to posts index

David Johnson
on Mar 1, 2011 at 2:11:49 am

Sorry, but I'm a little confused by your answer ... we want AJA codecs on machines that don't have AJA cards ... are you saying the only way to get AJA codecs now is to install the software that comes with an AJA card? If so, specifically which AJA software are you referring to? I don't see any on their software page that seems like it would include codecs: http://www.aja.com/products/software/

In other words, I use to just go to the AJA site and download AJA codecs for Windows ... is that not possible anymore?

Return to posts index

Jeff Brown
on Mar 1, 2011 at 2:35:05 pm

Download the "driver" install package. Do a "custom" install, and don't install drivers. Only the codecs. Everything is bundled in the same install package, available here: http://www.aja.com/support/kona-pc/kona3-pc.php for Windows, or on the Mac page for Apple.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

David Johnson
on Mar 2, 2011 at 12:49:31 am

Perfect, thank you. I was just looking at their "software" page so I didn't even see that one.

Return to posts index

Jeff Brown
on Mar 2, 2011 at 6:41:19 pm

Yes, it is essentially "hidden" from any menu reference. Hope it works for you!

-jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]