FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture TIFF or TGA with VTR Xchange????

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry Ford
Capture TIFF or TGA with VTR Xchange????
on Dec 13, 2010 at 10:03:27 pm

Sorry I posted in the wrong forum. But here is the question anyway:

We are using several AJA Kona 3 based Mac Pro systems (2010 8 core model with 10.6.5, QuickTime Player 10.0 (118), FCP Studio 3 and Adobe Production Suite CS4) for live video capture at a medical facility. Recently we have the need to grab stills from procedures. I have tried the frame grab within VTR Xchange and the only codecs installed are PNG and Photo-JPEG. Photo-JPEG works but creates highly compressed files. The PNG codec doesn’t work and the message that pops up says that TGA of TIFF will work, however I don’t have these codecs listed in video settings under Compression type in the video settings menu. I have googled this and found nothing. Does anyone know where I can download either TGA of TIFF codecs for QuickTime? Or some other way for this to work on the AJA card? I tried my personal BlackMagic card in a machine and am able to capture decent quality TGA files, am I missing something with AJA Kona cards??

Return to posts index

Jeff Brown
Re: Capture TIFF or TGA with VTR Xchange????
on Jan 7, 2011 at 1:26:16 pm

You might do better asking in the Mac-specific Kona forum...

But surely there is a way to output a selected frame from a QTime movie. Photoshop, maybe?

-jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]