FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA as extra desktop?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Briggs
AJA as extra desktop?
on Aug 17, 2010 at 4:27:31 am

Greetings AJA gurus! Doea anyone know if the current AJA lineup allows you to use your AJA card as an extra monitor/desktop when it's not in use by editing applications? I know the blackmagic cards used to allow this on the Mac, but wasn't sure about the PC side.
thanks!
Chad

Return to posts index

Joel Hufford
Re: AJA as extra desktop?
on Sep 21, 2010 at 10:40:24 pm

I know that the functionality is there for the Kona LHe card using the AJA ControlPanel if you install the correct drivers. However, the only time I did this on my machine (Mac Pro Core2Duo, OSX 10.5) it disabled Quartz Extreme on my other video card.

Not sure if you would experience this same issue on your setup, but the only way I found to re-enable Quartz Extreme on my ATI card was to re-install the version of the AJA Drivers with the Macintosh Desktop Display Disabled. AJA calls these the NDD Drivers.

Hope that helps,

joel
Corporate and Special Event Staging Services
http://www.pacificstaging.com

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Oct 27, 2010 at 7:01:48 pm

It sounds like Joel just dashed your hope with a correct answer but I think there`s an area to add for success. Why not try tossing in an nVidia NV-7000 or `7100 64 MB video display card into an unused pci slot for your extra desktop without worrying about or removing the momentarily unused AJA card?
by Joel Hufford on Sep 21, 2010 at 6:40:24 pm

I know that the functionality is there for the Kona LHe card using the AJA ControlPanel if you install the correct drivers. However, the only time I did this on my machine (Mac Pro Core2Duo, OSX 10.5) it disabled Quartz Extreme on my other video card.

Not sure if you would experience this same issue on your setup, but the only way I found to re-enable Quartz Extreme on my ATI card was to re-install the version of the AJA Drivers with the Macintosh Desktop Display Disabled. AJA calls these the NDD Drivers.

Hope that helps,

joel
Corporate and Special Event Staging Services
http://www.pacificstaging.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]