FORUMS: list search recent posts

4:4:4 HDCam SR Capture Gamma issue.

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Orjan Larsen
4:4:4 HDCam SR Capture Gamma issue.
on Jun 28, 2010 at 9:39:09 am

Hello.

First time poster here with an issue that has been bothering me for a while now.

Using a Xena 2k (now renamed to Kona 3 I believe in the new drivers) we produce both DCP and BD. In that we need to capture from HDCam SR masters to both Quicktime and DCP (image sequence) formats. Using Machina to do this works fine for 4:2:2 masters, but once we insert a 4:4:4 master we notice the gamma being too high in the preview window. For BD this isn't really a problem, I can adjust the RGB YUV convertion to SMPTE and as soon as I hit the "Record" button the image corrects itself with proper black levels (if I stop the capture, it's back to being too bright again). This only works for any Quicktime 4:2:2 format though, None of the Quicktime 4:4:4 formats works.

However, we're at a loss to get the proper output for tif sequence. The only sequence format that really works is YUV 4:2:2. So the conclusion is that from a 4:4:4 SR master, to get the proper black levels in any format we need to use any 4:2:2 file format. This is however very annoying since we can't use YUV sequence, we need tif sequence to build a dcp from. DPX has the same issues as tif.

Does anyone know anything or can offer a solution or shed any other light on this issue?

Thanks
Orjan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]