FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Xena 2K as Kona3

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timor Kardum
Using Xena 2K as Kona3
on Mar 18, 2010 at 4:45:37 pm

Hi Folks,

as the Kona is now "cross-plattform" i was wondering if the new mac drivers for the Kona would maybe work with the Xena 2K in a mac?
After all it is the same card, am i correct?

Tell me if this sounds idiotic, i can take it ;-)

Thank you,
Timor

http://www.omstudios.de

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Using Xena 2K as Kona3
on Mar 18, 2010 at 8:35:25 pm

Timor,

From now on you can essentially consider yourself a KONA owner. You can put it in a Mac Pro, download the latest KONA drivers for Mac, and it essentially becomes a KONA.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Timor Kardum
on Mar 19, 2010 at 10:42:54 am

awesome! thanks!

smoke on mac here i come...

http://www.omstudios.de

Return to posts index

Peter Gruden
on Mar 21, 2010 at 8:59:31 pm

In fact this is nothing new.

I have been using Xena LHe on Mac for much more than a year now. It is identical to Kona LHe. I suppose the same goes with Xena 2k.

Peter

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Mar 24, 2010 at 2:16:51 pm

I think there was a time when it was helpful for people to keep the product lines straight to have the two different names...Xena was PC and Kona was Mac. It probably helped customers to delineate the product line more than anything else back when all this came about. The existence of cross-platform operations and workflows (as well as the need for them) was certainly not common at that point.

Now that Adobe supports both computer platforms, I think the concept of Xena drivers running on a Kona card on a Mac probably got confusing for everyone.

This has to be a streamlined way of dealing with the product line for all of us...customers, system builders...and not least of all, AJA themselves. I think it's probably a solid move all around.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]