FORUMS: list search recent posts

*NEW* AJA v4.2 XENA and Io Express Windows software available now

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AJA Sales Department
*NEW* AJA v4.2 XENA and Io Express Windows software available now
on Nov 10, 2009 at 12:57:38 am

Hello,

Available for download on the Support section of our website is new version 4.2 XENA and for Io Express.

*New Features*

- Io Express hardware is now supported. This includes support for Machina, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Fusion, Combustion and Vegas
- Support for Premiere Pro 4.2 update
- Support for Vegas 9.0c with XENA LHi, 2Ke and Io Express
- New Premiere Pro player with new "Playback Settings" interface
- New audio device handling in Premiere Pro
- Support for Fusion 6.0
- XENA LHi and Io Express now have manual controls for HDMI Output options in Premiere Pro
- Performance improvements in DVCProHD Encoding
- New AJA Transform Effect in Crop/Flip/Pan/Tilt

*Improvements and Fixes*

- Resolves performance issue with large, long form projects in Premiere Pro
- Improves scaled video quality in the source monitor and program monitor in Premiere Pro
- Resolves issues routing audio to multiple cards in Premiere Pro
- Better performance when using nested sequences in Premiere Pro

AJA XENA and Io Express for Windows software is available now at the support section of our website:
http://www.aja.com/support/index.php

Please be sure to fully read the Release Notes contained in the installer package, for up-to-date compatibility and additional information specific to this release.

Please note there are also new v7.1 driver releases for KONA and Io Express.

As always, feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

Thank you,

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Pete Clouston
Re: *NEW* AJA v4.2 XENA and Io Express Windows software available now
on Nov 16, 2009 at 10:12:01 pm

Anybody tried this yet?

Return to posts index

Darren Christianson
on Nov 17, 2009 at 4:47:27 am

Yes, I just loaded premiere 4.2 updates, Quicktime the newest version, updated media encoder,and installed the 4.2 AJA Xena Driver,as instructed by the release notes. I'm running 64bit Vista with two quad core intel's and 16GB of RAM.

I'm running it through some test. It seems to do well as long as everything in the sequence is native framerate,frame size, etc for the sequence.

It's all good until I tried to mix and scale video footage in a sequence. It seems that it has some distinct playback issues with scaled footage in certain types of sequences namely, 1080i sequences. It hangs and loops the top 1/4 of the screen when scaling footage. I'm working with mixed HD and SD 24p footage. I have been experimenting and got better results when using the AJA preset for 1080p/sf 23.97 sequence. I am now working with interpreting the footage in several configurations to see if I get better results with other preset sequences. I'll post what I find over the next couple of days.

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Nov 17, 2009 at 11:21:36 pm

In the documentation included with the installers, be sure to check out page 82 of the IO Express manual for some info on the new Premiere Pro Player setup. The rest of the docs are in the process of being revised, but that segment will give you the basic procedure for all AJA Xena series products...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

Norbert Rudzik
on Nov 20, 2009 at 9:44:04 pm

I upgraded CS4 to ver. 4.2 and install new driver for my XENA LHe. Premiere starting and after loaded plugin AJA PLAYER is open CMD window for 1 second and shutdown. After uninstall AJA Driver Premiere working OK. On my backup system is still not working. My system is: dual Opteron 285, 16GB RAM, Quadro 3700, Areca RAID5 SATA.
This Driver NOT WORKING.

Sorry for my English.

Norbert

Return to posts index

Jeff Burford
on Nov 26, 2009 at 11:32:32 am

perhaps it has to do something with your setup???

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Nov 26, 2009 at 9:43:58 pm

Is your CS4 updated to the latest version?

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

Norbert Rudzik
on Nov 28, 2009 at 5:52:21 pm

... and winner is ....

Problem with Cineform codec for PPro. After uninstall ProspectHD v4 is AJA working.
AJA not working if any Cineform codec is installed (Player, Neo, Prospect).
After install Cineform Player i must delete all files in directory COMMON and PLUGINS in ADOBE folder. After that Premiere working witch AJA, but only Cineform system codec is visible.

THX for all.

Norbert

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Nov 28, 2009 at 6:48:36 pm

[Norbert Rudzik] "Problem with Cineform codec for PPro. After uninstall ProspectHD v4 is AJA working.
AJA not working if any Cineform codec is installed (Player, Neo, Prospect)."

CineForm does NOT run under AJA retail drivers...CineForm uses OEM AJA drivers. Installing the retail version (the drivers this thread refers to are the retail drivers) over the top of CineForm and the OEM drivers will cause a mess.

There is an extensive thread on this below.

Check in with CineForm to see what drivers you are supposed to be running, they are probably included in the latest update for your CineForm product.

I would also advise against the manual gutting you're doing by removing plugins without an uninstall...you'll just make things less stable.

Uninstall the Xena retail drivers and get the latest CineForm update and install the Xena drivers that come with it.

If you feel you need the retail drivers for some other use, you'll need to have a dual-boot system (I have one of these). The CineForm side and the AJA retail side. It works fine.

These latest drivers seem to work fine for most...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]