FORUMS: list search recent posts

Xena LS and video effects in Premiere Pro CS4

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Van Slyke
Xena LS and video effects in Premiere Pro CS4
on Sep 4, 2009 at 11:16:29 pm

I'm using a Xena LS (SD) with Premiere Pro CS4 and I can't apply video effects to clips.

I'll explain using a basic RGB color correction:
- After I apply the effect to the clip, I go to effects control.
- I expand a color corrector, i.e. red.
- When I move the cursor to a high value of red, the clip turns bright red as long as I keep my finger on the Left Mouse Button.
- As soon as I release the LMB, the color goes back to the original color. The value remains as changed, but the color correction is not retained.
- If I click again on the color corrector cursor, the clip turns bright red, but as soon as I release the mouse button, it goes back to the original color.

I posted a thread on the Adobe forum (Premiere Pro / "CS4 video effects" thread).
I had great help, and the consensus is that the problem most probably comes from the Xena card.
Of course, it's not 100% sure, so I'd like to know if anyone else is using the Xena LS with Premiere Pro CS4.

The workstation is a Dell Precision T7500 (Quadcore 2.5 MHz)).
The card is on a PCI-X 64-bit slot.
Graphic card: NVidia Quadro FX 3800
6 GB RAM
External HDD: Micronet SCUSI 320. DMA test shows 134 MB/s read/write.

My footage is SD (Betacam SX) playing at 27 MB/s.

Any input is welcome.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Richard Van Slyke
Re: Xena LS and video effects in Premiere Pro CS4
on Sep 5, 2009 at 9:47:20 pm

This problem was solved by the release of the 4.1.3 drivers by AJA on 9-4-09.
Unfortunately, new problems appeared after installing theses drivers.
If they aren't solved soon, I'll start a new thread.

Return to posts index

Bram Tulloch
on Sep 8, 2009 at 1:25:58 am

Yeah
I installed the 4.1.3 drivers and wow... it took me all of 10 minutes to roll back to 4.1.1

Probably not a good sign that there was "RC1" in the file name of the driver. Interesting they would release a release candidate to the public!?

Will be interested to hear what issues you came across. My first big one (which was all I needed to see) was Premiere crashed when I tried to alter the render settings for a sequence (which were actually greyed out anyway?!).

Return to posts index

Richard Van Slyke
on Sep 8, 2009 at 2:31:21 am

Some of the new issues I have are things that were working before this release and now aren't anymore.
No more RGB output to my external monitor when in program. It outputs in source but not in program, which is what I need most.
My timeline now has a red bar above clips just out of the project panel, with no effects on them.
Also when capturing, if I set handles at 60 frames, it adds 60 frames before the in-point but at the out-point it subtracts the 60 frames (ends capture 60 frames before the set out-point).
It could be some other glitches that I haven't experienced yet.

Return to posts index

Bram Tulloch
on Sep 8, 2009 at 3:01:34 am

Yeah I didn't even get that far into testing.

I don't think I'll touch it until they get rid of the "RC1" thing.

Return to posts index

Richard Van Slyke
on Sep 9, 2009 at 8:13:15 pm

Did everything work okay after you went back to 4.1.1?
I was advised by AJA to revert to 4.1.1 and after I did that all the problems I had with 4.1.3 remained:
No external monitor, bad sync between video and audio in the timeline; so I'm using the Xena only for capture and editing without it.
They are planning a 4.1.4 release, so I guess there won't be a non-rc 4.1.3.

Return to posts index

Bram Tulloch
on Sep 10, 2009 at 12:07:36 am

Yep
Everything back to normal.
But as I said, I only had it installed for about 10 minutes and after failing to even set up a project correctly, I bailed on it and went back to 4.1.1

Are you making sure you uninstalled the previous version and the install again? Silly question perhaps but just a thought, especially since you have the problems remaining even with the roll back to 4.1.1.

Return to posts index

Richard Van Slyke
on Sep 10, 2009 at 1:59:50 am

I wondered about that, but I checked the drivers and they say 4.1.1
I did uninstall the 4.1.3 before reverting, so it shouldn't be any kind of interference.
I worked with the 4.1.3 drivers for a couple of days, so either it affected my settings or the 4.1.1 original version was tweaked at AJA (which I doubt; it wouldn't make any sense).
So I guess I'm stuck with that situation until they come up with a solution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]