FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aja Xena LHI and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Quicktime DVCPro HD and audio conforming

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Westfall
Aja Xena LHI and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Quicktime DVCPro HD and audio conforming
on Aug 29, 2009 at 8:07:04 pm

Hello Everyone, I am trying to convince Aja as well as Adobe to change the audio conforming situation with the Aja Xena LHi card and Premiere Pro CS4. I have found through forums on the Adobe website and also through the people at Aja, that if you record HD in the Quicktime DVCPro Hd format, with the Aja LHI card, the audio and video are bunched into one file instead of separate files and the end result is Premiere conforming the audio because it is seen as a compressed file. At least that is what the people at Aja told me. They also said that any type of quicktime file has the same issue. Currently, the only way to avoid audio conforming is to record in AVI uncompressed files. Unfortunately for my application, that format eats way too much hard drive space. Does the Aja explanation sound like B.S. to anyone?

Return to posts index

Ryan Johnson
Re: Aja Xena LHI and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Quicktime DVCPro HD and audio conforming
on Aug 31, 2009 at 11:44:04 pm

Sorry to say but, it does that on my system with .Avi's too !
I just went through hell on Vista 64 and CS4 in Premiere
( all updated to the lastest driver's and updates ). It was
unresponsive ( playback, audio, editing all was a wash ).

I hade to go back to XP and CS3 ( Xena 3.5 drivers )to do a 2 hour
show for FOX Sports. Hell I tell you Hell.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]