FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting to AJA quicktime

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bram Tulloch
Exporting to AJA quicktime
on Aug 23, 2009 at 10:40:44 pm

Apologies if you've read this in the Premiere Pro Forum but the thread there got a bunch of replies complaining about how Media Encoder CS4 doesn't work for them and didn't offer any solutions. I've posted in this thread more often and there seems to be a bit more technical knowledge here! :)

I'm wondering if my problem is down to how the Xena works with the export process? i.e. was it a hardware export with CS3 (export > movie) and now that Media Encoder is the only way to export in CS4 and is a stand alone app it doesn't make use of the Xena hardware, hence it's much much slower? Or is there another problem I'm missing here?

Below is the original post:

Recently upgraded from PPro CS3 to CS4.

I used to use "Export > Movie" in CS3 alot and it was very quick (particularly in SD work) A 30second commercial export would take 20 seconds.
Usually I would export quicktimes to Apple None or AJA 2vuy for encoding in another program.

In CS4, with everything having to go through Media Encoder, this process takes much longer. The same SD 30second commercial is taking 5 minutes! Am I doing something wrong here or is there a work around?

I have a pretty fast workstation so it's not grunt I'm lacking. Is this just something that I have to deal with now with CS4?

Any advice appreciated.

Bram

system info:

Vista 64bit Business
AJA 2k Xena I/O Driver 4.1.0
Huge systems FC storage
HP xw6600 Dual quad core Xeon 2.50GHz
8gb ram
Nvidia Quadro FX 1700
Adobe Production Premium CS4

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>