FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help Rendering AJA HDV PPro Sequence in After Effects

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Jung
Help Rendering AJA HDV PPro Sequence in After Effects
on May 8, 2009 at 6:35:00 pm

I'm having a problem rendering an AJA HDV Premiere Pro Sequence in After Effects. I'm trying to isolate the problem and could use some help if anyone has a similar setup.

I've edited an AJA HDV 1080i 29.97 sequence in Premiere Pro. I import that sequence in After Effects to color correct the footage using SA Color Finesse. Everything is fine until I try to render out. The Render Queue hangs without rendering any frames, CPU usage is at 25% and AE is not responding. I've tried different output modules, MPEG DVD & Quicktime Animation at different resolutions but it still hangs. Although audio can be rendered out without any video.

I'm currently using a workaround by using an Adobe HDV sequence instead of the AJA HDV sequence in Premiere. It seems to render out fine. I just would like to figure out the source of the problem and see if it has something to do with the AJA 4.0 drivers or project type.

Thanks for any help.

System & Project Specs:
xw8400 Dual Xeon
Windows XP SP3
Nvidia Quadro FX 4500
Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 4.01
After Effects CS4 4.01
AJA Xena LHe with 4.0 drivers
HDV 1080i footage
AJA HDV 1080 29.97 PPro project
HDV 1080 29.97 1440x1080 AE comp

Return to posts index

Don Jung
Re: Help Rendering AJA HDV PPro Sequence in After Effects
on May 9, 2009 at 12:29:04 am

Sorry for the long post. The problem has been solved. It was my impatience with the render. It does in fact render but it takes up to 10 minutes to start.

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
Re: Help Rendering AJA HDV PPro Sequence in After Effects
on May 19, 2009 at 12:34:08 pm

I need to look at the render settings...

I know that if you send a sequence to the Media Exporter and DON'T uncheck the option to use all the XML data, the render takes forever to get going...

This sounds like a very similar situation to me.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]