FORUMS: list search recent posts

Xena LHe and GPU slot assignment

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix Crull
Xena LHe and GPU slot assignment
on May 7, 2009 at 10:06:13 am

Hi all
I'm just busy building a pc for Xena LHe to use with Liquid Chrome Xe.
Aja recommends (among others) the Tyan S5396 mobo and NVidia Quadro FX1400 graphic card. The recommended assignment is slot 4 for Xena LHe and slot 6 for GPU. The FX1400 ONLY works in slot 4 (no picture if placed in slot 6). Problem is Liquid does not recognize the Xena card in any slots other than 4...
Anyone who has an idea what to do?

Thanks a lot in advance
Felix.

Return to posts index

christian urbanski
Re: Xena LHe and GPU slot assignment
on May 7, 2009 at 10:33:16 am

Look into bios options if you can change la Pciex priority for vga or another option.Normally you can install a vga in any of the Pcie 16x (i make some test in many mobos and hp workstations).
Your device manager detect the aja hardware in the slot you are using?
Are you using a xp32 with 4 gb of ram of more?

Return to posts index

Felix Crull
on May 7, 2009 at 1:39:30 pm

Look into bios options if you can change la Pciex priority for vga or another option.Normally you can install a vga in any of the Pcie 16x (i make some test in many mobos and hp workstations).
that's what I thought too, changing vga priority in bios doesn't help.
Your device manager detect the aja hardware in the slot you are using?
Yes it does and capturing with Machina sw also works fine.
Are you using a xp32 with 4 gb of ram of more?
xp32 and 4 gb, yes.

I really appreciate your prompt reply -
at the moment have no idea what to try next...

Felix.

Return to posts index

christian urbanski
on May 7, 2009 at 2:11:59 pm

ok....one stupid question...Do you install the aja drivers and soft previous the liquid chrome?..if you do that..the chrome dont work´s(the soft yes...but not the H/W)...because the liquid chrome install a own driver and make a regitry modification.
Also...you can try (if you install only the liquid and not the aja driver) execute the file in the cd with the driver..i don´t remember the name sorry.

Look too in the start--->Programs--> avid liquid ...some lates´t notes pdf´s with some parameter to change in the windows ini if you are using >3gb who is possible to make your aja not recognized by the liquid.
(multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect with the option /3gb i think)

Return to posts index

Felix Crull
on May 7, 2009 at 3:19:16 pm

Thank you again
will de- and re-install Liquid, maybe that solves the problems.
I'll give a feedback tomorrow.

Felix.

Return to posts index

Felix Crull
on May 13, 2009 at 11:42:15 am

first: there's nothing like stupid questions ;-)
Thanks for your answers.
I've got the Xena and Liquid working (almost). Still didn't manage to get the GPU in slot 6, but slot 4 works and I put the Xena in slot 5. Liquid works fine in all formats but HD 1080i. No output on from the Xena if the timeline is in 1080i mode. In editing no realtime effects work, render fx are ok.
memory problem? GPU problem? The check3d.exe in AVID aborts when it comes to 1080i checking.
I will post this in the Liquid forum as well.

Thanks

Felix.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]