FORUMS: list search recent posts

aja xena and xp64 issues

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren Christianson
aja xena and xp64 issues
on Apr 4, 2009 at 5:11:33 pm

I understand that installing the AJA Xena LHe driver on a XP64 system is possible and doable. I have not been able to do it successfully. I've tried several times, but the system locks up on the final registration phase of the install. Is there any fixes I should know about. My system is XP 64bit, dual Quad-Core 2.33 Hz, 16 GB of RAM, 4 TB of storage and I'm editing on the CS4 platform. Any advice, directions, tips, tricks, etc would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Darren
Symbol Films - Nashville

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
Re: aja xena and xp64 issues
on Apr 4, 2009 at 11:27:49 pm

Hmmm...

I'm not sure how any of this stuff runs under XP64...it wasn't long ago that I'd have opted for XP64 over Vista64 but since Adobe doesn't support it...and I can find no evidence that AJA does specifically either... I've elected to go Vista64...likely this week.

Has AJA said that XP64 is supported?

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

Darren Christianson
on Apr 6, 2009 at 6:18:45 pm

I'm currently waiting for AJA's official Response. I'm sure it will be to simply ...uhh...update to uhhh VISTA 64. Not what I want to hear, but probably the answer I will get.

I have only found second hand references on the web to people using xp64 with xena. i.e. http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/217/986.
No one with first hand knowledge.

I think it is probalby possible to use XP64 with XENA, and my suspicion is that windows is crashing the xena Vista64bit driver, becuase it is not "LOGO" certified (meaning they didn't pay the ransom money to microsoft) and furthermore Microsoft doesn't want to support its own product. It's a wonderfuly stable and dependable system. I like it. CS4 is working brilliantly with XP64.

I'm sure there is some magic button or WINDOWS service that needs to be disabled during installation, but I'm waiting for the answer to that one Or some other magic spell. Geez. Why can't we all just get along.

I'll probably find myself installing VISTA64 (also this week), crossing my fingers that it is compatible with all my other software, hardware, motherboards, raid controllers, etc. GEEZ.

Maybe the new sales team at AJA will see that many in the media industry prefers XP64 to Vista64 and push to make XP64 a viable option for its XENA customers. I mean isn't about what the customer wants. Is there a fix for using Xena with XP64? Anyone. Anyone.

Return to posts index

Darren Christianson
on Apr 7, 2009 at 4:26:03 am

Well...Got back to it later today. Swapped around the AJA card into a different PCI slot. Loaded the 3.5 AJA drive and voila! Loaded without a single hitch. So. my PCI slot selection was the hitch. It was great. Machina seems to be working, but alas Premiere CS4 doesn't see the card. Any clues?

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Apr 7, 2009 at 3:13:33 pm

The drivers for CS4 aren't released quite yet...they're coming.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]