FORUMS: list search recent posts

Xena 2K PPro effects playback?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bimo adi prakoso
Xena 2K PPro effects playback?
on Sep 4, 2008 at 10:22:10 pm

Hi All.

Just curious as I want to know on how well is Xena 2K in Adobe PPro effects playback? Is it previewing in realtime? Let's say I have xw6600 with dual Intel 5440. I believe memory doesn't have anything to do if more than 2GB.

How's the Xena 2K in companion with Autodesk Combustion?

Also, how does it behave in Vista x64 OS? Any conflicts or limited features? Coz I saw it at AJA's website that Xena 2K support 32bit Windows.

Thanks in advance guys. I really appreciate the words.

Return to posts index

Jeff Brown
Re: Xena 2K PPro effects playback?
on Sep 7, 2008 at 1:54:13 am

I can tell you that the Xena works well with Combustion as an output framebuffer. You are still limited to having all data in memory, due to the way C* works.

-jeff

Return to posts index

bimo adi prakoso
on Sep 7, 2008 at 10:41:06 am

hi jeff

thank you so much for the info.

however, still curious. do you use 64-bit windows? how about Premier Pro preview playback with filters/effects? does it need to be rendered first?

Return to posts index

Jeff Brown
on Sep 8, 2008 at 1:38:32 pm

I'm still using XP 32-bit. AJA has some native filters for PPro (color correct, etc.), but many other filters would need rendering. I cannot offer much more, as I only use Premiere for limited capture and editing. I very much like the AJA board, however. If Tim K. chimes in, he can probably offer more info about PPro editing with AJA.

-jeff

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Sep 15, 2008 at 12:56:59 pm

I'm using 32bit XP as well, but for effects playback in PPro, there is a control panel that comes up when you select "Playback Settings" that is different from the stock PProCS3 control dialogue that has settings for selecting just how much "realtime" playback preview you want.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

CPO, Digieffects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]